I forgot that most of the world eats cooked foods for a second.

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I go to this other non-raw forum and because I was so outraged by the decision by the FDA to irradiate some greens, I posted a rant and a link to the article.

The government website on the motion says that it will render the vegetables “just like cooked or pasteurized.”

Can you believe I fully expected people to AGREE with me about the atrocity of this action? I totally went into it with a raw mentality – my passion came from the state of mind of someone who eats all raw.

Well, most people on that website criticized me for being fearful and then said that they were happy to eat produce without e-coli. They supported the irradiation of the greens.

BLEW MY RAW LITTLE MIND!

I totally forgot that just about everyone else in the world eats cooked food.

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Omigosh!!! That is awful!!! So everything will be cooked?! Or is it just some?! I am so sorry that you had to experience that. I know, most people just don’t care and they don’t understand why something like that would matter. This is a horrible decision. What are they trying to do to us?!!!!!! ):

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Make us sick, because sick people generate money to Big Pharma and the hospital networks.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yeah, that’s so true…....

• browniesbrownies Raw Newbie

It really is amazing how people will believe everything the government tells them. The don’t consider the reason or intent behind it. Anything to save money & reduce blame.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

heehee “blew my raw little mind” – I know how that feels! I was at a family event once & was telling my sis in law something about making stuff with raw cacao, and she asked “Why would you eat it?” I just stood and stared for a minute. I finally stammered something about its nutritional content and how I don’t get the bad side effects from it like from heated cacao, and that it tastes amazing…I was astounded – it blew my raw little mind! :)