Cantaloupe

I went to the farmers market over the weekend and picked up two cantaloupes.

They are perhaps the sweetest most delicious melons I have had in a very long time.

I have been on a watermelon kick all summer long, but I think it just got replaced :)

Thought I would share this with you :)

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I got a cantaloupe at my market this weekend too! Can’t wait to try it.

• cantaloupe…. my main weakess! (mangoes, honey dew melons, peaches, nectarines, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, and so many more are right up there with ‘loupes… i’m just a frut freak!!)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

“watermelon kick” ;)

oh my gosh, me too. i have had to pace myself a bit. i was going through 1/2-1 watermelon a day. do they have the yellow ones at your market? so delicious.

• I’m going to have to buy a cantaloupe when we run out of fruit this week. We got the yellow watermelon from our CSA on Friday, and my 6 yr. old daughter said she didn’t like yellow ones and wanted a red one. I asked her to take a “no thank you bite” and just try the yellow one. She loved it! I just finished it up today, and we’ve already cut into the red watermelon I bought for her at the Farmer’s Market. We both agree, it isn’t nearly as good, and I’m going to have to make a fruit salad with it to finish it I think.

So, cantaloupe is just what we need; I’m so into melons right now. :)

• That sounds yummy :) For some reason, I’ve NEVER been into cantaloupe. I still am not, but my tastes have changed over the past 3 years in transitioning to 100% raw foods. Maybe someday I’ll like them! I love watermelon though…

Littlegems – “no thank you bite”...SO CUTE. I love it!

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

I bought a conventional cantaloupe last week and it tasted like cardboard. I threw the whole thing in the compost. Then I bought two organic ones. Much better, sweet and refreshing!

• on Friday we received two cantaloupes in our CSA bin!!!! we had just said that we were going to buy a cantaloupe at the Farmer’s Market on Sunday, so we didn’t have to. Unfortunately, the first one isn’t that sweet and juicey, so my picky daughter doesn’t like it. But I’ve mixed it with the rest of my watermelon and it makes for a nice breakfast. :)

I hope the second one is better.

• i’m hooked on Galia melons right now. I’m salivating at the thought of blending one up for breakfast! i wish melons went better with other things, but i always have to eat them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or i feel off all day.

• I just bought two organic cantaloupes today. They were soo sweet and juicy! I wonder is it just a good season for cantaloupe. I always look for ones that have a golden color…they’re more ripe!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I wish I could get organic melons around here. I love to make cantaloupe or honeydew smoothies. Nectar of the gods.

I purchased a cantaloupe startling this year to grow and realized later is was okra. I hope my watermelons will do something before the season is over but no luck yet.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

cantaloups:49 cents a pound right now….ive got one in the fridge i nibble, cant over do on them though they make my stomach icky…..

• steviostevio Raw Newbie

last week my local produce market had conventional canteloupes for $1 each. I got one and it was so ripe and flavorful I went back for half a dozen more. It was such a treat, as the flavorless ones are such a heartbreak to me. I wish I could get them this delicious regularly. I’d pay just about any price for that! Absolutely a favorite of mine.