Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

to someone who's a geneous at creating recipes

I really want a raw baked bean recipe. Like the kind of baked beans you buy in a can and they have like brown sugar and ketchup and maple (to be honest I haven’t got a clue what’s in them, but they’re good). I’ve read a couple of places that you can’t eat kidney beans raw, so I don’t really know what to use to make something like this.

Comments

• What concentrated sweeteners, if any, do you allow yourself, FleshMechanic?

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Maybe you can tweak the Bean No’s recipe posted on this forum to make it sweet and oniony. It uses nuts and seeds in place of beans.

• well, so far I’m definatelly not eating 100% raw. so i’d consider any pretty much any sweetener.

• I just found that recipe in my records, these are no baked beans.. but maybe you add some sweetener. Good luck

No-Fried Beans In processor: 4 cups sunflower seeds (soaked/rinsed) 4 TBs onion flakes 4tsp chilipowder 3tspcumin 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked) 1tspsal 1 TB vinegar Or lemonjuice 1/4 tsp cayenne

process all ingredients

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Maybe you could add the Southern BBQ sauce recipe to the Bean No’s recipe to achieve the sweet spicy flavor.

• Sprouted beans. Coated with a mixture of agave, partially rehydrated sundried tomatoes, vinegar, some mustard powder, and spices. Add water to give desired consistancy and place in a bowl on top of a heating pad set on low to warm up. Check temp from time to time so you don’t go beyond the raw temp. Of course I hear yacon syrup has a unique flavor and may add some interesting flavor.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

What if you did the bbq-y sauce and used diced zucchini for the beans??? Then give it a good while in the dehydrator or oven to warm it through. Sounds good to me, I think I’ll have to give it a whirl :-)

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I’d add a touch of maple syrup (even though ont raw) to the agave Chris S’s recipe to give it a little more depth and caramel sweetness AND if you add dulse that has been soaked in a little olive oil, it would add a salty/bacon type flavor. Might add some onion also.

• I think the mama has something going there.

• Im with coconutty about using diced zucchini for the bean. I love using zucchini for bean replacements, espcially in taco fillings.