Dehydrated Recipe Ideas for Sprouted Quinoa??

Hello, do you guys have any recipes for sprouted quinoa? I’m not really a fan of eating them just like that on salads and I think that maybe if I dehydrate them into something, the taste would be covered? Any ideas? Maybe a cracker or burger type recipe? Oh and by the way, I don’t have any nuts at the moment except for some walnuts, I think. And I have an array of different seeds. And veggies. Thanks a bundle!!

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Have you tried a recipe search from the home page? It’s in the upper right hand corner. Just key in the work quinoa. Several recipes are listed. There are some salad, smoothie and sauce ideas there. Hopefully this will get you started.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Sorry, I was so engrossed in looking at the recipes I forgot you were specifically asking for dehydrated recipes. Maybe keeping this “bumped” up to the top will get some other responses. I’ve never purchased quinoa. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it in the stores. What does it taste like?

• I wonder if we could make crackers or tortillas out of quinoa? I may try to make it next week, then I’ll let you know. I found two recipes in Juliano’s cookbook but they were for tabouleh and creamy tabouleh. I could give that to you if you like.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Try them in Alissa Cohens Corn Tortillas or Corn Bread. There is also corn recipes on here. If you have a corn chip recipe put in some quinoa.I would process it with the ingredients, just to break the seed. Corn and Quinoa complement one another.

emtpdmom….Hi, I have heard if you are deserted on a desert island, the only food you will need is quinoa.Quinoa has a bitter coating. The darker the seed (it goes from off white to brown) the more bitter they are. When you sprout them, rinse a few times before putting them in water to soak. Rinse well again after soaking.Then sprout. This will take much of the bitterness off.

• Hey Beanie! (my buddy ;-) ) There’s also red quinoa too. Haven’t tasted it yet. Wild Oats Market used to sell it, but now they’re Whole Foods Market (they merged). Did you get my e-mail?

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Yes, I did hear they gobbled up the little guy. email, will work on that.

Red quinoa. Yes, I forgot about that. Still bitter tho. Cant get around that one.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Thanks for the responses. I really like the idea of corn and quinoa together. I’ll try that soon. Maybe tomorrow after I purchase some cobs of corn.