Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

gas with fruit

ugh its getting annoying!!! i eat mostly fruit during the day..always feeling bloated now and fat! lol

Comments

• try to incorporate some more greens in your diet maybe? i don’t know if that’s what you’re doing…

but i have a tendency to over-do it with fruit sometimes (more often than not) and I get the same feeling…and I always know, “ok, I need to eat greens!!”

your tummy will thank you!!

• I hear that. By midway through the afternoon I need to go for a walk (alone) in the parking lot at work. I don’t think it’s the fruit, I think it’s the flax crackers/bread that I usually have for lunch. Peace, Karuna

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Karuna that made me laugh! Soo true! Does anyone find it worse with bananas?? I dont usually but made Zoe’s cauliflower curry with sweet sauce and bloated up a good’un! Maybe it was the cauliflower but I’ve heard thats only when cooked..?

• “By midway through the afternoon I need to go for a walk (alone) in the parking lot”

too funny…..it’s probably not the fruit….probably not the crackers….but i’ll eat my (non-raw) hat if it aint down to improper food combining….eating fruit WITH, too soon before or after will cause problems….

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

If I eat apples, sometimes they bloat me up terribly! That is when I eat them alone

• things like fat and complex combined foods can stay in the intestines longer than you think and cause reactions…..fat from the day before can even affect the following days digestion

• i read that each food has a different way to process and to be digest! Even all are raw! So following this i also have only fruits all day but only eat one kind and than wait at least 1 hour so that it get processed! This way was the best for me! Before i was like all of you … So try to pay attention in the combination you are eating as the same, some fruits as grains or vegetable like cauliflower or collard – they can not be combine with everything! Chicory, propably your apple you are eating after other meal or combination that was not good but if you eat alone before the meal, no bloat! Namaste!

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I ate an apple after 3 days camping no food, still get gas

• Apples contain sorbitol which causes gas for some (like me!).

• Does anyone know of any good reference books or online material regarding food combining? I think I need to spend a bit of time with this information.

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi Karuna ...you can start here and here :)

• How fantastic!! Thanks evergreen. :)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Karuna, I’m aware of a couple of threads on this topic from earlier this month with several good comments and resources. In the first link El-bo’s post (about 15 down) lists a number of links. Zoe makes some comments on the second one. I personally tend to agree with Zoe, but I’m fairly new to raw (about 8 months).

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/7290

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/8/topics/6938

Evergreen, I have yet to figure out how to inbed the link within my text. Help, please.

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi emtpdmom…simply precede the link with quotation marks around the words you want to appear to click on,like “click here” and a :(colon) this may explain it better (it took me a few times to get it:)

Thanks, evergreen. I’ve marked the link as a watched thread so I can find it next time I want to post a link.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

emtpdmom~ Another way to “remember” the link is to bookmark it. Also notice you always have access on how to create a link in the Reply/Edit window. Notice the format to the right of the window that you type in. :)

Thanks folks. I knew the Formatting Help was there, but hadn’t noticed the colon at the end. Now that I’ve magnified the display I can see it. My 60+ year old eyes just don’t always see fine details these day.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

emtpdmom~ 8)

• I get the same problem. I tend to overeat when I’m wolfing down fruit. Especially Pinneapple (Whoever invented Pinneapple is the MAN!!), But I’m less gassy when I tone it down a little. For me, it was just portion control.

• el-bo, I think you are on to something – for me at least. I paid attention to my food combining today and had absolutely no need for a private walk. Thank you.

Also, thanks to evergreen and emtpdmom for taking the time to post the links.

I just ate very simply today – one thing at a time with lots of time in between. I particularly enjoyed my watermelon with no after effects other than amazing energy and clarity. I am going to do a bit more experimenting with mono meals and see how things go. If it continues like today, I’m hooked. :)