cronometer - the voice of doom:)

Hello there. I’m fairly new to this and a bit confused about fats…what are you all eating in terms of ratios of fats? I took advice from one of the links here and tried out the cronometer software and had a rather cruel awakening…I realized that about 50% of my daily intake is from fats…I had no idea! Granted, these are healthy, vegetable based fats and it’s not like I’m full of bacon fats or anything. But still, 50% seems like quite a high percentage, particularly when I’m eating about the right number of calories for my size. Now, having trimmed down the fat ratio a little (sacrificed my beloved avocado a day which makes me most sad and reduced my nut intake) I find myself feeling ravenous (like I could eat tall buildings rather than leap them:) and salivating after heavy breads, pastas etc, things that I haven’t eaten in ages.

What do your diets look like in that respect? Am I placing too much importance on this percentage thing and this infernal software? Or am I simply facing the hard truth of an overly luxurious diet? What do you think?

Comments

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Wow, er, I dont know if my diet would be like that too..?

I have no idea how much fat I eat, I would say I have nuts & seeds probably every other day, but not to excess, just in a pate or something.. Or flax crackers.

I also have a lot of coconut, water & meat, probably about 4 over 7 days or so, water straight & meat in smoothies for breakfast.

I also have fruit & veg (green) juices and fruit & veg makes up the rest. Olive oils etc maybe 3/4 times a week.

I think if I cut some of the stuff out I would want to eat tall buildings too!

I have lost some weight but stablised at a weight that is fine for me (I’m 5’9”), not skinny but not fat, I vary between 9,12 – 10,1 stone and have been like that for months.

I guess in conclusion I am aware of the fats but dont worry too much but would also be glad of advice, never heard of the software, what do you think of it?

• cron-o-meter is great :o)

download for free, here

http://spaz.ca/cronometer/

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Cool, thanks for that, have downloaded it – just trying to figure it out now.. :0)