This article appeared in New York Times

Comments

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

There’s sooo much more to say about it… I can’t even find where to begin. Some people are just so ignorant.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

So sad that she is so opportunistic…

But, at least she mentions how bad soy is, especially for babies.

• Its just sensationalism. She is playing on the story of the death of a baby by irresponsible parents. It only made the news because they were vegan, I gurantee if it was meat eating parents it wouldnt of been big news at all.

If she wants proof that the vegan diet during pregnancy works, all she has to look towards is Hollywood. The Phoenix family (Wakeen, you know) are 1st or 2cd generation vegans. They are big strapping boys.

• Yeah, the NY Times is definitely one of the better newspapers out there, but they’re still not unaffected by the “if it bleeds, it leads” mindset.

That’s okay, we all know how to be healthy without being irresponsible. That’s what raw foods (and Gone Raw) is all about.

• I’ve actually wrote a reply to this .. just trying to figure out where to send it. Will post when I get it there. I was raw through pregnancy and my baby is raw and she’s PERFECT in every way.. and early in everything she does which may not be so good for mama, lol.