Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

farmer al almonds

Has any one ordered almonds from farmer al at Almonds ALIVE, ALIVE O? If you have, did you recieve them, and what quality were they? Thanks.

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Yes I’m wondering the same thing.

• Thanks Winona. Any one else?

He seems really nice. Cute website, but no place to order on his website.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I phoned them. Gave my phone number and e-mail, but no reply. Even told them how much I wanted to order. Later I reread there advertisement and I didn’t see the word, “organic.” So just as well no reply. Personally, with the law as it is I don’t see how they could be sent as really raw almonds.

• I just received my Organic, Raw, unheated Almonds from Living Tree Community Foods. They are located in Berkeley, California. They are incredible. I order from this company all the time and I am always satisfied. Also they ship you as a Bonus 4 oz of Organic Almonds. Their webside is: www.livingtreecommunity.com All their products are raw, organic and unheated. Hope this will help you. Thank you for the wonderful raw recipes

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I buy my raw cashews from this site http://www.livingnutritionals.com/

They have the best cashew prices if you get 5 lbs.

deckerdax do you know where the almonds come from? (Calif.or Europe) Have you tried their raw rice? Their advertising was a little confusing and I really don’t know if it is raw or not. Know I will be getting the raw black sesame seeds!!

• Thanks. I will have to check them out!

• Two weeks ago I received wild almonds from Real Raw Food in BC, Canada. They are unbelievable! The difference between other supposedly raw almonds and these is clear. When I made almond milk in the past, it separated and needed shaking before use. This almond milk never separates, it is creamy beyond belief….I’m getting hungry just thinking of it. Ordering was pleasant, shipping was cheap and I live on the eastern side of the continent (Ottawa, Ontario) and I got my whole order in 5 days! They are my new go-to shop for almonds, sundried tomatoes, goji berries, etc. Here’s where you can find them.

http://www.realrawfood.com/index.htm

thanks for the information about Canada. B.C. is close to me, so will try them out. Being from the U.S. would there be any problems?

• beany – I checked the website for Real Raw Food, and I don’t think there would be any problems delivering to the US. The cost would be about the same as quoted on the site with the dollars so close in value. Good luck and I hope you enjoy their products as much as I have. And, by the way… they have a toll free number so give them a call. They were available and very helpful when I called – it’s a small family business – support the little guy! :)

• I’ve ordered mine (on 8/17 or maybe 8/16). Haven’t received them yet.

• jah rawstafarijah rawstafari Raw Newbie

Hi – I am reviving this topic because I was wondering if ANYONE ever received their shipment from Farmer Al??! I ordered on 8/19. Around 9/08 I got an email from them saying they harvested later than expected, but they would be shipping in a week or so. I sent them an email because I was concerned that the $70 had yet to be charged to my account and I don’t like lingering charges pending for fear of an NSF fee. They replied on 09/12 that my order would ship in two days…two weeks later my card was charge…and still two more weeks have passed – NO ALMONDS!.... I am getting frustrated as this was a source posted and promoted by Gone Raw…

p.s. for all those concerned, my understanding is that the almonds do not have to be pasteurized if they are going straight from the farmer to the consumer – only ones going through commercial resellers and distributors

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Yes, I received my almonds from Farmer Al and am satisfied with the quality. Maybe you should follow-up with a call or email?

• jah rawstafarijah rawstafari Raw Newbie

Hi Newbie – really? yay – maybe there’s hope. I have sent several emails since my card was charged and have gotten no response. Maybe I will try to call… when did you receive yours? Thanks!

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

I just have to throw a giggle in at the fact it’s called Alive Alive O. I’m very familiar with the Irish folksong that line comes from. :D

That was all :p

• dzdz

realrawfood are the best!!! I buy from them too!Cheap and fast delivery

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Oh YEAH to REAL RAW FOOD! Awesome products and really cheap. I live in the US and order from them and no issue, you just have to be at the door for a signature when they deliver it (it comes by mail USPS) I guess cause’ it’s out of country. I agree, rAWngish teechr, the almond milk from the wild Spanish almonds is creamy beyond amazement! I get my orders in about a week and four days and I live in Maryland.

• I get my almonds from a nice lady at Chico Farmers market here in Northern California. The almonds are not cerified organic but are not sprayed. A farmer can sell up to 100 pounds of unpasturized almonds a day. I get them for 5 dollars a pound and less than that if I buy in bulk. Maybe I should talk with her about mail order as she could send out a hundred pounds a day. She is selling them for a relative who has cancer and has a small orchard here in the area. These almonds are truly raw as they do sprout and they are the small yummy ones.