Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

how do you eat your flaxseeds?

ive been constipated and took a couple tablespoons just chewed the seeds this morning, think it helped..what about you guys how do you eat it?

Comments

• I don’t eat flaxseeds often, but if I do, it’s usually a pizza crust I made or something.

I use flax oil and hemp oil in salad dressings.

• freshly grind it and add about a Tablespoon to about a cup of water, or a little less, stir and drink. The finer the grind the better as it will sometimes catch a little in your throat. I just drink a little more water after if this happens. Otherwise I add it to my green smoothie.

• I heard that it’s good if you grind them and put about 2 tablespoons in your salad every day or so… I eat them in my crackers and stuff…

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I use it in dehydrated bread and wraps. I used to put a couple of tablespoons ground up into my smoothie.

Someone told me that if you grind it you should use it within half and hour or else it turns into a “bad fat”, they read that in the “Fats that harm, fats that heal” book by Udo I think.

Lots of people including SAD eaters sprinkle it on their salads. I find it gets stuck in my teeth unless I grind it first.

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I used to take them whole for that but a nutritionist told me after that that they shouldnt be taken whole in that way and to grind them first, or as they get gooey, as they do, they can get stuck in the little crevices in your colon.

So, unless in flax crackers I grind mine (1 tbls) & add to a smoothie with banana, date & spiralina. Works a treat.

• i usually go with the flax crackers or flax-corn crackers/chips. when i buy i just grind them up and keep in the freezer to preserve the freshness.

recipes on the site that i’d recommend out using flax seeds Flax chocolate chip cookies Corn chips Onion bread

and there are tons more

another simple one is to grind up some flax seed, slice up some zucchini or carrots and dip on an oil of your choice and roll in the flax seeds

• bittbitt Raw Newbie
  • CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I sometimes add a tablespoon to my tea! I know this sounds strange, but it sinks to the bottom and by the time the tea is done I’ve got this lovely gelatinous muck to have fun with!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Carmentina-two words…GROSS! Brave!

• Grind them. The teeth can’t properly masticate flax or sesame seeds… Therefore, you can’t properly digest or absorb their healing nutrients. They will add bulk to your stool regardless but most likely will just pass out in their whole state on their way out. Fresh apple/pear juice, fresh prune juice, fresh aloe vera juice – are all VERY GOOD for constipation. Hydration and adequate exercise, in addition to fiber, will get you regular. Ps. your classic carrot, celery and parsley juice is great too, that’s the ulimate healer for many conditions. If you are eating a lot of nuts, seeds or dehydrated foods -make sure you are getting enough liquids for balance. A happy colon is a clean one : ) Try my “lubed and on the move” smoothie next time you are feeling backed up.