Low Fever-best course of action?

I ve been getting periods of low fever (around 3 to 5 weeks) in the past year and a half…for some reason it always happens after returning home from a trip..

Anyways, I am trying to be raw, but I wasn’t during the summer, so its not detox or anything like that..I just need recommendations to deal with it without pills…and to realise why my body keeps doing it.

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have no medical training whatsoever but I have been told by my sissy, a doctor, that a continuing low-grade fever can be cause for worry. It is a sign that you continue to fight a bacteria (good) but it could also mean an infection is mutating and may be multiplying in numbers as it prepares a full assault and ambush on your immune system. The fact that it comes and then disappears is interesting.

Perhaps it is systemic. Have you had your teeth properly cleaned by a hygienist? Gum infections travel quickly through the entire body.

Perhaps you continue to be exposed to the same or different bacterias. Next time a week before you go on a trip and during, take 10-15 drops of grapefruit seed extract (GSE) in liquid twice daily. It’s bitter so people often put it in orange juice. I honestly don’t know anyone who has used GSE for minor infections or yeast infections that hasn’t seen their problem resolved.

I also put a single drop (it’s very concentrated) on my toothbrush once weekly before brushing. Be sure to rinse your mouth out thoroughly as it could irritate your mouth if the concentration is left in there.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

i’ve had a low grade fever off and on for 4 months now. it is due to chronic urinary tract infections. seems to be getting better, but that could be one reason. Usually an infection somewhere in the body will give you that type of response

• Thank you for your answers…I did go to the doctors first time around and they were not worried at all, my blood work was fine and I was able to function normally. This time the fever is the same, but since I was reading about raw, and had short priods of time on 100% raw and colonics, etc. I really do want to help my body as much as possible, so I want to be more hands on.

Thanks for recommendations, too.

Has anyone tried oil pulling?

What do you usually do when under the weather?

• Please, let me know the GSE brand you would recommend.

• Mila, I too have been suffering from low grade fevers for weeks. At first the fevers were constant but after a round of antibiotics I seem to get them off and on throughout the day and usually always at night and in the a.m. ? I was wondering if you ever found out the root of your problem?

and Mediating, I also what brand of GSE you recommend??

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

ARTZY FARTZY – I always buy the liquid extract by Nutribiotics. You can dilute it in water or juice and take it orally (it’s bitter) and also dilute it to make antiseptics, You can also put it in an oil base for any topical application. I mix it in coconut oil to make a diapering oil for my grandson. He has had an ongoing diaper rash and required a Rx for antibiotic ointment. No problems since switching him to the homemade stuff.

• Mediatating – thank you for the info. I bought some yesterday and started taking it orally with water. I just recently took a round of antibiotics which cause me to get a yeast infection :-( Do you think using your diaper oil recipe would help?