Breads/Crackers without a Dehydrator?

Hey everyone, I don’t have a dehydrator currently and I really miss bread/crackers. I was wondering if anyone knows any recipes for bread or crackers that don’t involve a dehydrator? I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t exist though. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I dry things in the sun on screens… Don’t know why breads/crackers wouldn’t also work… Especially if you live in a hot dry climate and you spread them thin…

Good luck and good drying…

• Good topic. I dislike drying. I own a dehydrator and have used it about 3 times in the last 4 or so years. I prefer things fresh but have had problems inventing no-dry breads and such. Today I made a killer zuchinni, herb, flax, almond, etc. mix to make a bagel with and it was too moist to pick up and eat without falling apart due to the weight of the stuff I plied on top of it. I tried rolling the mix in ground flax to dry it up some but that wasn’t enough… I generally have to “fork feed” myself these kinds of mixes. I did invent a raw crumb donut that was almost pick-up-able though!!! I will watch this topic and see is anyone out there can help us out! Thanks for posting this!

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

They arent crackers, but look up the pop tart recipe on here. If you get really raw almond butter and really raw oat groats, it is a raw recipe aside from the stevia. It tastes SO good, though I’ve only had it early on and never got to use really raw ingredients – I’d imagine it would be even better. Any way you do it, great bread-like recipe for someone like me with no dehydrator.

• Thanks everyone! Waterbaby-I can’t really sun dry alot of things because I live in an apartment building and don’t exactly have the surface/proper sunlight for that, unfortunately. Thanks though!

TheRawDance, I suppose we are in the same boat then! I have the exact same problem, but I feel desperate now because I can’t shake my cravings for bread. In fact I even cheated bigtime yesterday and ate a small piece of bread!! I felt really guilty, it was so delicious but I was feeling horrible afterwards. I am still bloated from eating it over 24 hours ago. Hopefully we can find some solutions to our craving.

The cavsman-I assume you mean this recipe http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/2934-Pop-Tarts It looks great! I will find some raw oat groats and try it today! Thanks so much for the advice!