your favorite raw mayo recipe

So, I finally found a raw mayo recipe I am satisfied with but I would still like to try others.

There are so many on hear it would cost me a small fortune to try them all.

Anyone have a favorite one they really like that they were blown away by?

The one I like right now is Chef Belive Mayo #1.

I am wanting to try some heavy thick very SAD like mayos.

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Since SAD mayo begins with an egg yolk that you add lemon juice and oil to… Why not try that but start with a chia seed and water replacement for the egg… If you go to www.chiaseedandoil.com they have a recipe for the egg replacer…. Then you could add the lemon, salt and oil of choice…

Hope this helps!!!

• not exactly a replication of processed mayo, but the first time i mixed avocado with fresh squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic and sea salt, i thought “hmmm, mayo-ish!!!”

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

queenfluff… what’s the chef belive mayo #1 recipe?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

waterbaby – thanks! Do chia seeds taste like egg? I haven’t had them before. I know the chia makes things kinda thick and gel like so that could work. I normally use Irish moss to make things thick which works great to.

kminty – It is this recipe here:

https://www.therawtarian.com/community/recipe/belives-mayo-1

It turned out super thick – probably because of the mac nuts. I didn’t use any thickener in it either. I would probably using less mac nuts next time because it does have a slightly sweet taste and the lemon is a bit high. But it is very thick and oily-ish like heavy SAD mayo.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Queenfluff~ No, chia seeds do not taste like egg they are pretty much tasteless… They make a gelatinous substance out of whatever liquid is added so it would feel like a yolk consistency in the recipe…

• i just made the dressing portion of Matt Amsden’s mock tuna salad to go over the sunflower seeds i have soaking, and it tasted pretty mayo-y to me. mind you, i always ate miracle whip instead, so what do i know. but if you’re ok with mustard, then try it out.