how important is the acid/alkaline thing to you

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

I am finding this more and more important to my energy levels. When I eat overly acidic foods, be they walnuts or olive oils or blueberries, my energy and mood dip considerably. Unfortunately I just found out that walnuts are acidic and I LOVE them, so i will be minimizing them.

anyone else experience positive results when keeping their ph levels in the proper range?

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Getting the right balance of foods is definitely important to me! If I eat lots of greens, then I can eat other acid-forming foods with no negative effects (it has to be a balance, and it CAN get too alkaline). When I don’t have enough of the right foods, I feel it for sure! Thanks for the reminder. :) You may not have to do without nuts & berries, though – they have lots of good nutrition – maybe you just need to eat/drink plenty of dark leafy greens?

• VERY IMPORTANT TO ME

If you research PH balance, you will learn that some things are more acidic on their trip down but actually alkalize the blood. It can get really confusing at first but look over some good charts. Foods that Heal by Bernard Jensen has a good index for this in the back…

I must balance my acid reflux by acid and alkaline forming foods – since I won’t take Western meds for it. So far, so good!

• TheRawDance, like you, I also wouldn’t take meds for reflux. I found that cutting out nuts and eating lots of greens eventually got rid of it (and oh, man, it was bad!). I guess with nuts its the combination of acidity and fat that can get you.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

lulushka-can you link me up to his/her books?

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

I have the book.

I don’t not eat something because it is acidic. Some of the fruits are acidic. I eat all fruits.

The end result of the raw diet is to have a more alkaline, healthy bod.

• From everything I’ve read on this subject it sounds like it’s pretty important. But I don’t fully understand it and I’ve been confused about it since reading and hearing other conflicting information that state’s it’s of no importance at all. When you measure your saliva or urine pH just what is the reading an indication of, other than just the pH of your saliva or urine. What is it really measuring? Can anyone offer a more detailed explanation. I’ve read “The pH Miracle” and I just don’t get it. If you eat an acid forming food what is it in your body that becomes acid. I know the your blood pH has to stay at around 7.4 or you die so the test result can’t be a reflection of your blood.