detox??

this one has been my 7th day 100% raw, i’ve had great fun enjoying exciting new recipes – but my body still hasn’t given any sign of detox, is that normal?? I’m kind of waiting for anything strange happening but nothing, well i can’t complain but just wondering what’s going on. it’s as if my organism doesn’t even make the difference now that i’m on a raw diet ! something else: is there any point going raw but not doing any colonic or other detox program? will your body experience any benefit at all? thank you all !!

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Give it a change you have only been raw 7 days!

Your body starts to detox once it believes that you are not going to put any more poison into it, which takes a between a few days to a few weeks, depending on the person.

My husband Chris didn’t have any detox but he does continually feel better and look better every day. He just has no detox symptoms. Both of us have successfully been 100% raw for over 3 1/2 years and we don’t do colonics or any other detox program, raw food is enough.

Might be worth checking out whether you are really 100% raw have a look at The Dead Food List where we highlight many foods commonly thought to be raw but are not.

• rawgypsy7rawgypsy7 Raw Newbie

yeah, i think it’s still too soon to feel any effects of detox. It also depends upon your previous diet and for how long you were eating that way. I was already eating a mostly organic, mostly vegan diet so i didn’t have a really strong detox. I did the Colonix cleanse before going raw to make sure i was wiping the slate clean and preparing my gut for receiving pure living foods. I believe that it can’t hurt to do a cleanse before going raw or during the first month, but as Zoe said, it’s not necessary. Raw foods alone will cleanse you from the inside out.

I had some skin issues in the 3rd month so that may have been my detox.

• I read that those who are severely toxic will not experience a bad detox because their bodies’detox pathways are not functioning properly. I have not had any obvious detox signs and was in poor health prior to starting raw over a month ago. I want to do juice only for 2 weeks to clear toxins out but have also considered sweating in a bath for this.

• thank you all, this does help a lot ! it’s really nice to be in touch with people in the same frame of mind… :o) all the best to you all !

• CaresCares Raw Newbie

When your body releases toxins they go to the liver for phase 1 of the liver process at this point they bind to proteins in order to go through phase 2 of the liver process. If you do not have enough protein in your diet this is when you get ‘detox symptoms’. It is really a symptom of too little protein, so of cause not everyone will suffer ‘detox symptoms’. I always used to think ‘detox symptoms’ were normal until I started Naturopathy and learnt that it is actually normal to not get any and abnormal to get symptoms. When detoxing it is good to use a protein drink (raw of cause) to correct this problem.

Cares :-)