Raw Nuts & Seeds

What do you think is the best online source for raw nuts and seeds? I have found some raw seeds at a local HF store (at least, I think/hope they are raw) but have not yet found truly raw nuts. Also, I haven’t found hemp or chia seeds, which I want to try.

Also, I want to try some superfoods but I don’t know where to get them. I bought a green powder but it tastes like stank butt so I don’t think I’m going to use it again. Is there a good online source for that, too? And what superfoods/ green powder do you like or use?

Thanks!

Comments

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

sunfoods nutrition has great cashews.

• Realrawfood.com is THE BEST! They have chia and hemp as well as most nuts – They don’t, however, carry any green powders. I get all my nuts/seeds from there.

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I love this company, Higher Power, for buying nuts and seeds: http://www.higherpower.biz/store/index.php. You can buy raw nuts and seeds and dried fruits and raw granola, or you can buy nuts and seeds that have already been soaked and dehydrated. The prices are really good too, and I love the quality of everything. It shipped really fast too. Unfortunately they don’t carry chia or hemp seeds. I’ve ordered those from different places.

I use Healthforce Nutritionals Vitamineral Green everyday. I love it! I just mix a couple of tablespoons in with my green smoothie every morning. It did take a while to build up to that though. I started out with just a teaspoon everyday in my smoothie. I don’t think I could drink it neat either. Did you mix your green powder with just water, or a juice or smoothie?

• ukauka

Keimling.com or .de for delivery to all EU-countries. Also my recommendation!

• wow, tropicalrawella, that pizza on your blog looked fantastic!

• Any other suggestions apart from Keimling in the UK? I’m looking for a slightly broader variety…any ideas are welcome!

• www.livingtreecommunity.com – They have loads of wonderful goodies!

• I might have missed where you are from but I absolutely adore www.realrawfood.com I have never tasted such fresh amazing nuts at such an incredibly low price. I also love their raw cacao, maca, lucuma . . And everything is completely raw and sourced very carefully.

I am however located in Canada and find it incredibly convenient ordering from here as this is a Canadian owned business (I think they do ship outside of Canada though) . .

• I think I actually got some genuinely raw cashews from Trader Joe’s. I soaked them for about 4 hours and they sprouted. Does this mean they’re actually still raw? That would be amazing because they’re cheap there!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

If they sprout they should be raw. I asked the dry goods manager at Whole foods if there cashews where raw and going through the whole process of raw. He swore up and down they were raw. I will see if they sprout. If not, will be taking them back.

• If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, check out their raw cashews, seemed to work for me!