Mis-combining in small amounts

If I consume 2 TBSP cashew butter, do I really have to wait 3 – 4 hours to eat a non-veggie carb or an avocado? 2 TBSP just seems like such a small amount that it wouldn’t matter, but….

Comments

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

All you can really do is eat it and see how you feel. If you feel all tired and or bloated for hours after, I’d say no. But, you might eat them together and have no trouble at all. Our bodies all digest differently.

• rawjazzrawjazz Raw Newbie

I agree! If you feel great then keep doing what you’re doing! But I have found that miscombining food even in small amounts creates a dip in my energy and I can tell stuff is moving around in my stomach and I might get gassy. Also, as long as after you eat your cashew butter, you wait until you feel TRUE HUNGER to eat, then you should be OK. I find that two things mainly lead to indigestion. The first is snacking on a variety of foods in stead of eating meals. For instance, if you have some cherries, and then some almonds, and then a couple dates later and then a salad and then an apple, it’s going to create a mess down under! Better to eat simpler meals and let them digest completely. Also, if you eat when you are not hungry, you KNOW that food is still busy digesting in your tummy so adding more food to mix isn’t going to help anything!