Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

rebounding? anyone do it?

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

Hi- this looks like fun and I’d love to buy a rebounder, but the “good” ones are PRIcey. i can’t swing 500 bucks, or even 300 right now. Is it worth getting a less expensive one for occasional rebounding? I also do elliptical and run so it wouldn’t be my only form of exercise. The Needak Rebounder mini tramp looks pretty good, and I could save up for the 250 that it costs. Anyone use that one?

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

nycgrrl~ I too am extremely interested and have wondered the same thing… I sure hope we get some answers as I am in the same boat with ya!!!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

Hey there waterbaby—i just found the alleyoop at http://www.jumpsport.com/pr-Trampolines-Rebound…

it’s cheaper than the rest, but looks pretty good….Hope someone chimes in!

I also found this one on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-InStride-38-Inch-...

scares me cuz it’s so cheap, but it got good reviews…

also there’s the ‘urban rebounder’ which is about 100 bucks.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I bought a rebounder at Sears 2 years ago for $50. Probably not the Cad. of rebounder’s but does the job.

• it’s so funny – i’ve been looking at rebounders too. I spent lots of time looking at this site http://www.qibounding.com and getting seduced by the bellicon which is super expensive. I read on that site that rebounders with springs can be noisy or break and the rebounders that have folding legs are not as stable and quiet as the non-folding ones. as for the needak – i checked out craigslist a couple of days ago and someone was selling a needak for $215 in nyc. maybe you’ll get lucky!

• Needak and ReboundAir are both really good quality rebounders and each cost under $200 for the non-fold ones.

I bought a ReboundAir maybe 5 years ago for $179 and it’s been worth every penny. I use it all the time.

I had a cheap Sporting Goods version before that and it hurt my ankles after just 10-15 minutes when I used it.

I don’t know which ones you’re looking at that cost $500, but usually the pricier ones fold for easy travel or storage. I just unspring the legs on mine and put it up on its side when we don’t want it out. But usually it’s out for anyone who walks by to jump on. —Renee

• Yeah i have the urban rebounder we just leave it be in the middle of the sun room, the kids get a kick out of it. Its a great tool for the in home workout. Takes very little time and you can even do a high intensity run in place on it for a great workout.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

If I buy any more expensive raw appliances/gadgets/gear, I’ll need to take out a second mortgage on my bike. :) I’ll let you all enjoy the rebounders, and for now i’ll jump rope.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Still my favorite exercise tool is my Lemond Spinbike, which I purchased over a year ago. It took me through marathon training when i injured myself and i love the fact that I can get on there before even brushing my teeth and hair in the am. You can’t say that about the gym. Love the rebounder for some things like lymphatic drainage, but raw people don’t have trouble with that.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

Hi! I have an Urban Rebounder brand rebounder. It’s great. I jumped on some cheaper versions at various sports stores, and they sucked in comparison! So, I would completely recommend the Urban Rebounder. It’s a fantastic form of exercise that actually works every muscle since your body contracts the muscles for stability as you land. And, its ridiculously impact free… I’ve worked out VERY HARD on it, and have never been sore the next day! I also heard that it helps detox the body by stimulating various glands… but I dont know much about that…

okay, thanks all! i need one that folds up—does the urban rebounder fold up?

Thanks! Oh, and I’ve been looking on craigslist, but so far, just the Urban Rebounder there.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

mimo22~ Thank you for the link to the Bellicon Rebounder… But D**n!!! Now I have to figure out how to come up with a ton of money… The shipping alone is $95.00 not to mention the price of this fabulous bungee syle rebounder… OMG, I can’t believe the cost!!! But after watching all the video’s and reading everyword and having already researched all the other rebounders available… There is NO comparison, so now I need to rob a bank… LOL Or find a sugar daddy… LOL Still just kidding!!! But I will need to figure out how to make some money!!! Ideas anyone??? LOL

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

yes, the urban rebounder folds up.

thanks annabelle—that might be the one i go for!

ugh, the reviews at HSN are not that great LOL…for the urban rebounder i mean.

• Rebounders are fantastic. We use them here at the Ann Wigmore Institute as part of the program. When you bounce up and down the cells spit toxins out. Think of a water balloon that you bounce up and down. Bouncing causes an increase in gravity by almost 4x. As you bounce up, the fluids in the cell push down and force the toxins to release, and the opposite effect as you come down the fluid shoots up thru the cell. Besides the fact that it is fun and you can do many different exercises on the Rebounder. Think of it as an investment in your health so go with a better quality Rebounder.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Just bringing up this subject again...

Could anyone let me know what the noise factor is with the Needak or the Urban rebounder?

There is a guy on YouTube that video-taped himself bouncing on all the major brands... but I'm thinking he must work for Bellicon....

He said that the Needak & Urban Rebounders were 'noisy'.

The Bellicon bungee cord Rebounder is probably the kindest of them all on joints and body alignment, but who can afford nearly $800 for a Rebounder?

Anyone?

I was hoping to get some feedback, if possible, as I would like to invest in a Rebounder, but I'm apprehensive.

If anyone out there owns a Needak or Urban Rebounder could you please let me know if there are any 'noise' issues ?

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

• I have a Needak soft bounce, and use it daily. It isn't quiet, but I don't find the noise to be overwhelming. I am definitely planning to upgrade to a Bellicon one day.

• you don't need to spend more than $50 on a rebounder. mine was $40 and it works great.

• I love to jump, I can barely go a day with out it. I am sometimes nervous that my neighbors will get annoyed with the noise, but they have not said anything as of yet. I use the urban rebounder. It has a satisfying bounce. I used to have a less expensive one I don't remember the name, but it broke on me. So I went for a little more price.

• I have a Stamina InTone rebounder that cost about $70 from Amazon and I think it's perfect. The bounce feels just right and it's not obnoxiously loud. Plus, the price was just right.

I was concerned that it would be of low quality and that I'd have to get another, more expensive one, but it's worked out perfectly. I LOVE it.

Good luck!! :)

Thanks for the responses :)

In addition to the Needak Soft Bounce and Urban Rebounder I will check out the Stamina in Tone too - I haven't heard of that one.

I do have to try to get a good one because of some back issues...

Noise is a factor because I live in an apartment and have neighbors. I don't want to be annoying to them. They are already quite forgiving about my loud blender.

Maybe the WD-40 idea works though (as a spring lube to keep the rebounder quiet).

And yes- the Bellicon bungee rebounder really is the cream of the crop, but that is (in price) equal to 3 Needaks.

Still - it's an aspiration.

• I started out with a cheap $40 one and it didn't even have springs. It had big thick stretchy bands. It ripped apart right away. I moved up to a $100 one with springs and I could TOTALLY feel the difference. The cheap one was so hard compared to my $100 one. So I guess the really good ones probably feel even better. My springs are constantly breaking though, to the point of being ridiculous. And I weigh 113 so I don't think I should be too heavy for it. And its noisy.

But I LOVE the rebounding. It feels so good.