Green Smoothie?

I read about a lot of people drinking green smoothies. What do you use to make them? Do you buy a green superfood powder such as LivingFuel RX Super Greens? I guess I should look in the recipes :)

Comments

• Hi Denali,

You can try any green leaves + bananas / celery, apples, banana & cucumber / spinach, tomato, flax seeds & lemon.

Also, there are several recepies on this site which are very good.

Good look :-)

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

Generally fresh greens + fruit. I do 1 cup water with 3 cups spinach, 1 banana (practicallya smoothies necessity to bind things together) and some berries. Spinach is very mild so really all you taste is the fruit.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

My current fav is about half a head of romaine, a ripe pear and water- or coconut water if I have it. Delicious! You can sub any greens to your liking and sometimes I put a cucumber in too.

• One of my favorites is 2 handfuls spinach, 1 or 2 stalks of celery 2 apples, 2, frozen bananas, 1 cup water, and 2TBS ground flax seed.

I also love the same greens with about 12 oz frozen blueberries.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Latest Addiction:
    1/2 of a Mango
    1/2 of a Peach
    a big handful of Baby Spinach
    1/2 cup Broccoli florets
    1/4 of a medium Cucumber
    3/4 cup Coconut Water
    LOTS of Ginger – either fresh or powdered
    and about a teaspoon of each of the following:
    Hemp Seeds, Spirulina, Maca root powder, Granules of Lecithin.

• Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions :)

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Hmm, glad I Found this post. I have been putting a green multi vitamin power in my fruit smoothies in the morning, but I may have to start adding some spinach in mine. I don’t like the taste of heavy greens combined, have tried it a couple times before. I think the fruit and liquid steva would balance things out for me. I’m excited now :)