Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anyone shop regularly at Whole Foods?

2»

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I know there are co-ops in Cambridge – it’s about a 10 – 15 minute drive away from me. I’m in the suburbs, in an area with finicky public transporation…and I don’t have a car, LOL. Kinda in a precarious position. If I could find a roommate and a cheap room, I’d transfer to Cambridge in a heartbeat.

• We don’t have a Whole Foods here. I usually shop at Thrifty Foods, Lifestyles Market or Planet Organic…in that order.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

MOTH – which store do you work at? I got hired for the Wellesley store. It’s SO SMALL!! I start in October.

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

Izpht that sounds awesome! I would love to come. I’ve registered and if I can come up w/enough money to make something (I have exactly $9 to my name, in the whole world) I would like to come. Where exactly is that farmer’s market on Roswell St you mentioned? I’m not sure where Alpharetta Center is. Or Pure Taqueria…do tell!

MOTH I make $10 at my crappy temp job and I don’t get a food discount! I may have to look into there as a second job. Thanks for the info!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

O.K. went to the valley to do my monthly shopping. The first store I tried was Whole Foods. Bought 3 items in produce, and some cashews that the manager swore up and down was raw. They didn’t have what I needed in organic so ended up at “New Seasons” the health food store. I can once again say I don’t like Whole Foods. If any of you get to Oregon or Washington do try New Seasons.

• SueSue Raw Newbie

Hey ardesmond. We’ve had this conversation about WF quite awhile back,and I know you’re not a big fan, but for the sake of newbies, I’ll repeat. I love Whole Foods. I’m sure they are not the same everywhere, but the one in White Plains NY is the one I frequent and for the most part, I think it’s great. I stopped buying almonds and cashews there however because I don’t think they are really raw. But they have a raw section where they have cocoa and goji berries and other stuff like that. The store is 5 minutes away from where I work so it’s convenient. The local farmers market use to be run by the Amish who came in with fresh produce from PA, but it’s changed and I don’t like it any more, so for for my money and time, I guess I’ll stick with WF.

• we have a Wild Oats here in the Tampa area(A branch of WF). Its nice, but i have to agree it is expensive. They are the only place however to get good organic produce and they are cheaper than buying anything organic from the local supermarket chain, Publix. They also have a great selection of organic greens and organic veggies with green tops for juicing, so my wife and I make the trip once every couple weeks. There are lots of fruit and veggie stands around the area where we live, however NONE of them carry organic, but most of it is local…so back to the old desicion of organic vrs. local. Also, the fruit and veggie stands are really cheap so we tend to support them.

• I do not care if Whole Foods is corporate all I know its my favorite store in the world. And I wish there was one on every corner. They carry local produce in the summer from local farmers.As far as cacao,agave,hemp,maca,mesquite,carob,its cheaper to buy on Amazon.Some Whole Foods are better than others though.I do not think there produce is expensive.Most salad greens and juicing veggies are under $2.50.The bulk foods section is cheap also.I buy some things from a local farmer who picks the stuff the same day and I really do not think his stuff is any better or last longer than WF.Its nice to find fresh organic figs nowadays there.Not everything is perfect and you must use your eyes and knowledge and pick the quality items preferable in season.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

There use to be a lot of Wild Oats stores in WA-OR but when Whole Foods bought them out they closed most of them.