Almonds not really raw?

http://www.naturalnews.com/024132.html

This says everything I need to, so check it out.

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

yes. this is a common topic. if you buy your almonds online direct from the grower you can bypass this and get better almonds (for less!) anyway.

wholesale-almonds.com

i got 10 lbs for $50 last september and i’m only half way done. nuts keep well in the freezer.

• I actually work at Trader Joe’s and checked our raw almonds today. The non organic raw ones are from California, so I probably won’t get them anymore. The organic ones are imported from Spain, though, so I might try those next time!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Yes, buying your almonds online is the way to go. Also, small farms are exempt from this rule, so your local farmer’s market might have raw almonds available as well. I usually get mine from the co-op, for they import raw almonds from Spain.

Great link, pianissima! They have great prices. :)

• In Canada we are able to get Sicilian Almonds in stores and online that are not pasteurized like the ones from the U.S.A.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Interesting. I had been buying raw almonds from one store and then went to whole foods one day and saw two types of raw almonds. Just plain raw, and raw organic. So I got the raw organic, even though there were about $1.50 more a pound. I will have to look into this more myself.