Back "on the wagon" and SO HUNGRY!

So started raw again today. Stopped for many reasons, mainly needed the old comfort cooked food can bring when nothing else can; know I’ll loose that someday but not this summer!

Starting slowly (ie will eat vegan along with raw for dinner) but have found myself unbelievably hungry today! Don’t really remember this the last time…... Have eaten – 1/2 cantaloupe, lots of grapes, huge salad w/ lettuce, raddico, and tomato w/ cpoo (my take on Rachel Ray’s evoo). Nothing is satisfying….

Any suggestions? Should I just keep stuffing my face with fruits and veggies or is there something I can eat that will satiate this roaring appetite.

Cheers!

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

hmmmm, a massive green smoothie with dates? Or bunches of bananas. YES keep stuffing your face! Eating is great isn’t it?

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

dehydrated foods are a good fix. some crackers or a flatbread (i have a recipe if you click on my profile).

to save your wallet, i’d go for a huge bag of carrots. and a good dip.

also, some transition foods like quinoa, brown rice, steamed veggies might be a good option for dinner. raw fats are pretty filling as well. avocados, sesame seeds, sunflower seed pate. i add zucchini to all my cheeses to make them go a little further without adding more fat. it also enhances the texture.

also, GREENS are a must. green juices really curb my appetite.

i just watched an interview with janaibe (or euphoria loves rawvolution) and she said raw cacao is a great appetite suppressant. i can’t do the caffeine, but you might try that if you like chocolate.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

p.s. is it just me, or do massive amounts of fruit make you even hungrier?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I don’t know…fruits seem to fill me pretty well. I can’t seem to get “satiated” and “full” with greens most of the time. Whereas fruit feasting makes me feel pretty satisfied for hours.

But maybe my body is just used to fruit. I had dehydrated food last night for the first time in months, and got bloated, crampy and sick-feeling. I think your body just gets used to the thing you give it most.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

avocados are great fillers. Try them with some olive oil, salt and cayenne and a couple of tomatoes, with some kale. Or just on their own with some salt. A great filling snack. Spinach also fills me up. I had a peach and spinach smoothie the other day and didn’t need to eat anything else until the late evening. I think the spinach slows the rate at which the peach’s sugar is released, leaving me full for longer. Another trick is to put a table spoon of raw oil in your smoothie, this will slow down the sugar’s release even more and keep you feeling fuller.

Like other people said, raw wraps and bread are also good, but it sounds like you haven’t got a dehydrator.

• Thank you for all your suggestions everyone! No, Zoe, I don’t have a dehydrator. I have a halogen oven with a convection setting so I am trying to figure out if that will work but that’s another post.

I have been trying to incorporate many more greens so I seem to have a constant salad going on. Also did a great smoothie of spinich, kale, avacado, dates, and banana….it’s my go to right now!

Where do you all find Raw “breads” and stuff?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hi Shazam!

I have purchased delicious raw crackers – click for livin spoonful

Lydia’s organics is supposed to have yummy bread/cracker products too click for Lydia’s

I haven’t been successful in my attempts at making raw crackers/ breads anyway – so I just order them.

It’s great that you’re eating lots of salad!

I understand the feeling that nothing is satisfying. How about a nice pate? I blend carrots, green onions, and nuts (my favorite is cashews) with some simple spices or herbs. It’s a delicious filling dish.

By the way, remember that you’re going to need lots of bulk – I frequently eat a melon, grapes, huge salad, several tomatoes, carrots, 1-2 cups of nuts, nut crackers, raw chocolate, several peaches, several apples, several bananas, and a raw pie. That’s just 1 day of food for me – and i’m 5’5”, moderately active, 130 lbs. You can feel free to eat frequently (I eat every 2 to 3 hours).

• Do you have a recipe for Cacao Bean? It is so filling. After you have a couple of cups you feel full! Give it a shot!

Peace!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Try adding a quarter cup or seeds or nuts to your smoothies, works for me…

Pianissima~ I agree fruits alone make me hungrier, must be because they aren’t digested in the stomach but are dumped into the small intestine to be utilized… Massive amounts at one sitting may have another outcome…