Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw raw raw!

Just cheering everybody on for being raw.

In this meat infested world, it is a miracle that any of us could choose and live this life style. Hard to believe I used to slobber down Sirloins, Popeyes chicken, pulled porks, round eyes in soups, etc…

Egg McMuffins, grilled cheese, pastas, all of it. DONE!

Raw raw raw. You go kids!

Comments

• Good for you. I’m just starting out and finding it a bit of a struggle to be honest. I don’t know if I’ll last it out. Especially as some people here seem to think us people new to the lifestyle are not committed and just ask stupid questions. Do you find it at all confusing?

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

no questions are stupid!! and it IS hard to change years and years of conditioning. I am sorry anyone here made you feel stupid or not commited. change takes time.

• I do think there are stupid questions!

Why is the sky blue? Why do Zebra’s have stripes? Why do women get mad at men?

ALL stupid questions!

I used to chow down a big ol’ Carls Jr. Six Dollar burger with cheese, and bacon, with a milk shake when stupid questions like that were asked. I would usually follow it with Dunkin Donuts, and maybe Haagendaz if I was still smarting from it.

But being raw raw raw! This is the life. No more KFC Tasty Tenders. No more Prime Rib. No more Coco Puffs with Vit.D milk!

• I have not once witnessed anyone telling someone their question’s were stupid and most people here are not 100% raw therefore do not judege anyone on their commitment to being raw. Could you tell me where and who? That might help, I’m sure it was a misunderstanding! Lotsa Harmony PS why the sky is blue, and why zebra’s have stripes are not stupid, they actually have very interesting answers. Why women get mad at men is simple, why do men do things to make women mad.

• Sorry, I gotta say that was a stupid question harmonylia.

Damn. I am feeling a bit agitated and a Burger King Whopper is sounding kind of good. :(

Dang!!! I used to down at least two éclairs when somebody would edit their posts after I replied to them.

This is not shaping up to be a very good day to be raw. :(

• When I first started reading this site everything seemed so straight forward. Now that I have started posting I’m finding peoples attitudes rather disconcerting. Ravan, why would it not be a good day to be raw? What is different. You seemed so positive 2 hours ago and now you are cross. Are you finding it confusing too? Go for a nice long walk in the country I find that always helps and its ever so good for you. I picked 2lb of blackberries at lunchtime and I’m wondering how to serve them. Life is good but sometimes confusing because of people.

• why do men do things to make women mad.

harmonylia, why do you say this? not all us men do things to make women made. Have I offended you? I really didn’t mean to. I believe it is the Buddhism that says offense is taken not given.

• Rawvan I think it’s ok to ease in slowly. Go get that burger! Make your endorphins happy. life’s too short to deny your desires.

• Rawvan, please ease into things here. Having just joined, please wait a bit before telling others their questions are stupid and trying to start fights.

Please cool it. Maybe lay back and listen to others for a bit.

Thanks.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

screaming herb & rawvan—consider how long (i.e. from birth) it took you to adapt to the diet to which you are now accustomed. now consider how long it might take to completely CHANGE that. this is no easy feat.

one of my yoga teachers used to always talk about going only slightly past “your edge,” meaning know your limits and push yourself only slightly beyond what you feel comfortable with. if you do that consistently, soon you will have opened yourself up considerably. consistent and gradual change is more likely to last, in my opinion. and it’s awesome to look back on something, see how much you’ve grown, and think “wow, how did that happen? it just HAPPENED!”

good luck!

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

I am only eating 75% raw. I decided (at least for now) I still want to eat some meat, but I am going to be more conscious about where I get it and eat it from. I enjoy it A LOT, and since I’m not vegan by any means I don’t have a problem with it, I don’t want to “rob” myself of that joy. I would be doing myself a disservice by doing that. I love eating raw most of the time and after three weeks have already been reaping some benefits. I love it and plan to keep this as the majority of my diet, I will just let myself enjoy other things from time to time. Oh, and the other 25% of my diet is not all meat btw. :)

• Well, if harmonylia hadn’t come on so hard today, I would still be raw. After lunch today, I am rawless. :(

I was so freakin’ mad that I needed a Gordita and a Beef Burrito with sour cream to get thru this.

RAW, Raw, raw… ;(

• I eat 75% raw vegan with a side of real rare red meat (bison, venison and local beef). It works for me, I don’t bust yah chops dontcha’ busticate minez:P

I nearly killed myself trying to make myself 100% raw too much too fast. Be careful is my only advice and the game yer playing with yer head didn’t work to well for me.

Peace and Balance

Babycat

• Man, I am struggling now. After that Taco Bell lunch, I am really craving McDonald’s double cheese burgers tonight.

The BBQ ribs place down the street was really calling my name earlier. :(

Thank god for celery.

• rawvan, as Ray said:Ease into things here. I lived and ate the way you do or did and I am now very overweight, balding and have moved into my mums basement to try and get out of this rut I am in. You don’t want to end up like me now do you?

Slowly slowly is the name of the game!

• I am finding that it is so hard to give up the texture of the meat I so once loved. This is so hard, sometimes I just want to stuff a steak down my neck.The bunnies help me to fight it, I am going to check out the rest of the site. I need help…

• “Do, or do not. There is no try”. Anybody remember who said that?

That’s right, Yoda, and he was a Jedi master! I intend to be a RAW Master, and for me, there is not 75%. It is all in for me!

What I really miss is those Hot Pockets bisquit/eggs/cheese/bacon things. Man, with a Jelly Donut and washed down with a Mt.Dew, that was the ultimate breakfast!

I guess this cabbage and carrot mix will have to do. :(

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

lol

This thread is hilarious.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

LOL. NOthing like some trolls to get the juices flowing.

You crack me up Rawvan. I know you’re not raw and your intention is to make waves, but still, you’re funny.

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

Ok so seriously the new troll every day thing is starting to get annoying….

• Grade A++, try eating some raw meat, it is very good if you are craving the taste of meat, or maybe some beef jerky. But don’t eat hamburger raw. the same goes for chicken. It made me very sick and I ended up in jail.

• Yeh, rawvan is funny. Is that what a troll really is and is that why queenfluff is annoyed by them?

• Man. I start over again being raw today. I had cabbage and carrots for breakfast. For lunch, a salad, no dressing.

I come home and read this. :(

I should have gotten rid of that box of Coco Puffs in the pantry. It is pretty tempting now.

• What’s the matter rawvan?

• It is just all the negative folks here. Calling me a troll and stuff. I am just here looking to hang out with other raw people and share about my obsessions with Chocolate Éclairs and pulled pork sandwiches. It is tough being raw, and I really want this to work out.

But then I get called a troll, and off to the box of Coco Puffs I went. :(

Tomorrow will be a better day to be raw I suppose.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

My advice:

It seems like when you are upset, you use that as an excuse to cave in and eat damaging foods. That’s okay; take notice and learn from it. I am not being negative – just sharing an observation with you of your own behavior that you shared with us.

So next time you feel upset, reach for RAW. You CAN retrain yourself to do this. Even if it’s walnuts, dates and cacao – who cares, just reach for RAW, ANYTHING RAW that makes you feel good. Feeling pissed off? Agitated? Hurt? Confused? Go for RAW FIRST. I know I have the same problem at times; emotional stuff popping up makes me want to eat. And don’t be afraid of really filling yourself up with it too; when I first started going raw, I gorged myself on walnuts and dates, and that satisfied me deeply. Eventually I got into a habit of reaching for the RAW instead of the SAD stuff.

Eventually I stopped gorging on walnuts and dates. I still have my moments with other stuff, though. But I stay raw, and I am slowly confronting the emotional stuff that makes me want to overeat to begin with.

Also: by getting upset when called a name, you give the name-callers power over you. Reclaim that power for yourself! It can take time to work through the complex reactive patterning that’s embedded in your mind, but reaching for RAW first is a great start, because you’re doing yourself a favor.

You deserve to give yourself love and health through food…don’t wait for tomorrow to be a “better day.” You’ll always have upsets during the day; what you must work on is how you respond to those upsets.

• Why can’t people just be nice. Nice like a Big Mac!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

You can’t really expect anyone to be any particular way…you’ll always end up disappointed.

• But if they are mean, and especially mean to me, I am disappointed then too! Then I want a Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait.

• Isn’t life built upon expectations? Norms? We expect people to behave in certain ways all the time. We expect people to not cut in line. We are expected to pay bills and mortgages on time. We expect to not be cheated on. Its when these norms are violated does reality get interrupted. And in the case of norm violation, its not your fault that you were hurt. How can you expect someone to go against what’s expected of any standard social unit?