seeds and nuts

Is the best way to store them in glass jars in fridge? That’s how I do it,should I freeze?

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

If you search the forums section, there is a large discussion about this. It is good to store them in the freezer for long term storage. For short term, fridge is o.k. I buy my nuts and seeds in bulk and keep them in the freezer. Once a week I soak them, then dehydrate them and store them in the fridge. That way I always have soaked nuts on hand. I just put them in water about 30 min. before making the recipe if it is a recipe that needs the nuts “wet”.

• devittlesdevittles Raw Newbie

how do you keep your nuts and seeds from taking on the other smells from the freezer? I always have that problem, in both the freezer and the fridge.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

The only thing we have in our freezer is nuts and frozen fruit, so no bad odors get into the nuts. In the fridge, the glass jars keep the smells out. That, and they get used up faster than any odor could get it.

• devittlesdevittles Raw Newbie

in the summer I keep my compost in the freezer, so that is not a good mix with my nuts! :)