Rant - my cat is gone (sorry)

That stupid good for nothing cat got out last night at about 9:30. It’s been pouring rain all night (stupid Ike!), and I haven’t seen him since. I blame it all on the couple that had him before me (3 houses down). They’d let him run around in their stupid skanky back yard, all over the neighborhood, and he’d go poo in my garden (which may or may not be good fertilizer). Everytime he gets out, I’m worried those filthy neighbors are gonna see him and entice him with some nasty processed cat food (yuck!) and take him back in or something. More than that, I’m sure he’s gonna eat some rat or something and bring god-knows-what disease back into my household. Pumpkin seeds are great, but even I realize they aren’t gonna do much against the black plague. I swear he does this just to antagonize me. I’m both worried sick and furious as hell at that goddamned cat. When he comes back, he’s gonna have some explaining to do, or his ass is grass.

Comments

• My cat ran away back in 1980. I’m still looking for her but have had no luck. I hope she is doing well. If anyone sees an orange cat that answers to the name, Brenda, that’s my cat! Give her back to me!

• I refuse to believe that Brenda fell victim to some Asian buffet! I’m sure she is still out there somewhere! She just has to be.

• OMG, CleanAsAWhistle, your picture and name made me smile! I can just hear that thing whistling!

• Rawndee, Has your cat come back yet? I’ve had cats run away before. We used to have a very spirited cat that would go out on hunts for 1-2 days. Once, he got stuck in the storm drainage system at the condos I was living in at the time. A little girl found him while she was waiting at the bus stop 14 days later!!! I came home to find the animal control people removing a storm grate to free him. I really thought he was a goner that time! But they all have their own little cat-sonalities and the strays will hedge their bets and visit several homes to make sure at least 1 of them will feed him. Cleaver little guys!

• poor kitty!

CleanAsAWhistle, are you serious? I hope that’s a self portrait.

• whats youre cats name i had one called jenni once

jenni had her own place that was safe and looked after but still she ran away

do cats not like raw people or what

• My cat that ran away and got stuck in the storm drain was Hobbes (yes, he had a sibling, Calvin – hehe). My avatar is Spot, a stray we rescued and he is very, very sweet, soft and squishy!! “My Sweet Spot!” He is double pawed too. I love playing with his feet. HA!

• Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, Akex was in the house the whole time! He somehow managed to squeeze in behind the dryer in the basement (which I never use – I dn’t wash my clothes that often, and when I do, I usually just hang them on the clothes lines in another part of the basement) So he was kinda stuck for 2 or 3 days there, between the dryer, the wall, the floor, and some little hose or tube or something…I think the storm scared him and he wedged himself in there to die or maybe just to wait out the storm.

I started feeling guilty about making my cat go blind, so I reluctantly decided to get some meat for him. Yet, I couldn’t bring myself to buy anything commercially. Processed cat food filled with rat fur and horse gonads and stuff is not for my kitty.

So I had the idea to go snoop around the dumpsters at the local gorcery store (which has a butcher shop – yikes) and a reastuaruant nearby. You can’t believe the heaps of unused meat at these places! Sure, most of it smells horrible (it IS meat, afterall!) but Akex gobbled it right up, and his eye sight seemed to improve almost immediately. He looked me right in the eye as if to say “thanks, dude.” and “your basement sucks.” He’s funny like that.

• randee that is the worst story iv ever heard sreiously lol

you should wash youre cloths more often and not let alex eat meat if your serious about gettin raw with him

• Well he was as raw as raw can get – pretty much only ate carrots and celery and lettuce once it got too brown and slimey for me – for several weeks. Someone told me cats need meat or they go blind. That may or may not have happened, but he seems to see ok now. He was working on about 2 pounds of raw burger last I saw him.

• wait are we talking about alex or the other one know im confused lol

• Yeah, totally.

And here’s the other thing – despite a few weeks of rawism, he still occasionally poops out a tapeworm (or maybe it’s a roundworm. I dunno – I’m not a proctologist).

• But I know a guy who uses em for fishing bait. I’m not too concerned with that cuz I think we can all agree that fish have no souls.