Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hair Help!

2»

Comments

• Its Carpaccio, one of the world’s best dishes.

• Looks delish….how do I make it?

• This one is pretty good:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/...

The only disclaimer I have is that you’ll be working with and eating raw meat. Make sure that the meat is of high quality.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Hahaha, I’m actually Russian. But you’re right, oil and water would not mix. Your medium-sized filet would not do anything for me, except of course, gross me out ;)

So does anybody know the truth in what I had posted earlier about damage moving up the hair shaft?

• Oh, Russian, eh? In that case, I’m 100% positive that we could make it work. ;)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Valeria,

Yes, that is true. Once you have split ends, they will just keep on splitting further up the hair shaft. You are especially vulnerable to this because of all the chemical damage on your hair. The only way to stop them is to cut them off. If your hair is breaking off when you brush, than yes you have some seriously damaged hair.

It is your hair – you should be able to get it cut if you want. I hope you boyfriend likes you for you and not just your hair. Hair grows back .But my guess is if you leave it like this you are going to have some serious hair loss because of how weak your hair is. The weaker the hair the more likely you will probably pull out strands when you brush or comb your hair. So, you should ask your bf if he would like you better with a trim or bald patches. If I were you I run to my hair dresser! (sorry didn’t mean to scare you there but I definately advise you to get that trim soon!)

Scalp massage gets the circulation going. Start paying more attention to the condition of your scalp – does it feel tense and tight? Lots of people carry tension in their scalps – If your scalp is tense for too long a time then the circulation to the follicules gets cut off and the hair gets no nutrition. Without the proper nutrients flowing to the scalp, you can’t grow new healthy hair.

My hair grow slow too but I don’t have any chemcials on it. In your case, my guess is that your hair is growing but you don’t notice it because your ends are constantly breaking off causing your hair to never look any longer.

I have this in another thread but I will post it here for you as well. Below is a list of nutrients needed to grow good hair. Start making sure you are getting these into your diet. The list of food exmaples are just examples if you can find other raw things you love that are high in these you can eat those too. Since your hair is in such a fragile state right now, you definatley need these more than ever if you want to start getting your hair back in shape.

Sulfur – MSM, onions, radishes, hemp seeds, Aloe Vera (has MSM)

Silicon – cucumber skins, nettles (good to use on your scalp and hair in juice form too – I have use this and it makes the hair really strong)

Vitamin A – Arugala, carrots, Papaya (you need the vitamin A combined with the sulfur and silicon for good hair)

Zinc – Coconuts, coconut oils, nuts, pumpkin seeds

Vitamin C – Papaya, lemons, oranges (MSM needs Vitamin C to work its best)

Iron and Manganese – Onions, Spinach, Sea veggies

Protein – Hemp Seeds (hair is 97% protein and the rest is other things esp. MSM)

Selenium – Macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts

Vitamin E – Olives, olive oil, watercress

To get rid of grey hair: Copper (hemp seeds, watercress), B Vitamins (Rejuvalac, raw sauerkraut or kimchi)

Thanks Queenfluff!

I’ll definetly be cutting it. The only thing is going to a hairdresser without getting it washed haha. I’ve cut my hair in the past, so I may do it again this time too.

I’ve been trying to grow out my hair for some time, but I guess it’s chin length for me :( It’s okay, it will more than pay off in the long run!

Right now I eat a lot of what’s on your list. I will have to force myself to eat some arugula and watercress though.

Valeria,

I hated arugula too but if I mix it with spinach in my salad I don’t taste it as much. You can eat the other thing if you want. If you can, get yourself a copy of David Wolfes “Eating for Beauty” – that is where I got my list of nutrients from but he lists alot of other foods other than the ones I just listed here. I actually made that list for myself.

A friend of mine has my book copy right now but when I get it back I look at the other sources for you.

The watercress is mostly if you want copper for greying hair. You can use hemp instead.

Hemp seeds actually have alot of the nutrients listed so they are definatley one I would recommend!

I actually do have a copy of “Eating for Beauty” but my mum has had it for awhile now. Hmmm, time to get it back!

I’m trying to eat a lot of hemp seeds at the moment. So that is a good start.

Are there any other good beauty or hair books/websites you would recommend? All I can think of is the longhair forum, but I haven’t been there in awhile. And I think they changed their address?

Actually, the LongHair forum is where I first got the idea of going no poo! They are have (had) a super long thread on there about it which how I learned to do it.

Here is their link: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/index.php

There is also a no poo community here:

http://community.livejournal.com/no_poo/

I can’t think of any other books that don’t focus on commerical products – I know their is another raw beauty called “Beautiful On Raw”. I haven’t read it before but I think it might have some tips on hair in there.