Help! Need Winter Food Ideas

I am looking at winter gearing up soon and was hoping some would have some good ideas about what there favorite foods were in winter. I have some entrees that are my favorite now but would like to do some experimenting before the summer produce has dwindled. I do eat nuts and mostly veggies so don’t forget to include some of those.

Thanks Rosemary

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Hey Ro, How about Mexican crackers with lots of spice to add heat to your meal of a huge salad… The nut pate`s (cheeze) with cayenne are a treat for me, as that adds alot of heat… Last winter I seemed to enjoy Italian marinara sauce over zucchini but this year I will also add tomatoe/basil crackers… I love the green popcorn (cauliflower) recipe on here, I think it would be tasty with a little “heat” added… The squash soup is also very good, have you tried it???

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Rose, I like warmish soups for lunches in the winter. So have in my dehydrators. Zucchini leather, cuc. leather, and tomato leather. I also put in the freezer blended zucc. and blended cucs.. When the dehydrators are empty, I shall dry whole red Italian peppers for stuffing in the winter. If any shelves are empty they will have sweet onions or more tomato sauce. I was unable to find good type organic corn. Wanted to dry and freeze some for corn bread and chips. Another yummy winter food.

I think my favorite dinner is stuffed red peppers with a walnut taco filling or a barley Spanish (rice) filling.

ha,ha,ha Hi waterbaby seems like we at times, get on at the same time. Guess we both like hot foods in the winter.

Hey beany, I put grapes in the freezer last night… But today went back and picked seedless ones to make raisins… Any good advise, from an “ole pro”???

I just finished washing and de-stemming them… What do you recommend as the best way to create raisins??? Don’t really want to stick a pin into 3 gallon of grapes… LOL

• Waterbaby, thanks for the ideas, I have not tried the squash soup. Could you tell me what recipe it is?

Beany, I never thought about making zuke and cuke leather. Maybe I had better get started.

Thanks for the ideas.

Hey Ro, if you search squash soup eleven recipes come up… Here’s the one I tried, pretty good!!!

http://goneraw.com/recipes/1382-Savory-Sweet-Bu…

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Take a peek at these recipes tagged with winter...

http://goneraw.com/recipes/list/winter

Oh! Never thought there was an area for winter. I seem to stop farther up. Just to interesting…..

waterbaby. I put mine “slightly” through the processor.Dont blend up!! Sadly, they really stuck to the sheets. I will use a dab of oil on them next time. Or maybe parchment paper would work better. Anyway, the flavor and texture was grrrreat! When you use the processor you will get a lot of juice. Pour off, drink up. yum.

Beany~ Have you ever done them whole with the only opening being where they came off the stem??? ?If so, do you remember the “D” time???

Kandace~ LOL How easy to find cool weather foods!!! LOL

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Spicy foods, using a dehydrator to warm foods, warming soups in a blender are all great ways to add warmth to winter.

But, one of my favorites is with miso soup. It’s not raw, but it is “living” and with loads of nutrition and it’s beneficial for digestion. My all time favorite company is South River Miso (www.SouthRiverMiso.com) – the flavors are AMAZING! You can get soy-free options, too. Miso soup is a warming soup and it works almost instantly after only a few sips.

Cheers,

Kristen

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

My favourite is soup and flatbread. I also love to make quiches, pies, cookies and cake!