Making the Lasagna

kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I am going to attempt to make Nomi’s raw lasagna for Saturday and just realized this means starting now! Now, I’m not usually a big fan of such complicated recipes, but I have a bit of time and family to visit – perhaps I will be able impress them with my culinary skills!

The recipe looks complicated enough that I thought I’d give an idea of the timeline I’m thinking of (and then let y’all know how it turns out).

1. Thursday 6:30 pm – begin soaking nuts for sunflower pate
  2. Friday 6:30 am – sprout sunflowers, marinate zucchini, soak tomatoes
  3. Friday 9:30 am – prepare lasagna (including pate and marinara sauce) put in refrigerator, get to meeting
  4. Saturday – yum!

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Everything is made and in the refrigerator! I ended up making the marinara sauce Thursday night so that there would be less to to this morning. Actually, making everything took much less time that I originally thought. We’ll see if it is worth all the work! Also, I made a small test portion to freeze since there were some questions about that. And I’m bringing a portion for some family that isn’t vegan, raw so I can see what they think as well.

I ended up having the lasagna Sunday. I put it in the dehydrator for about an hour to dry out and warm up and it was absolutely delicious. I’m looking forward to hearing what the family thinks (I dropped some off for them), as they are not vegan or raw.

Also, the recipe actually wasn’t all that complicated once I figured out the above schedule. And, I was excited to have leftover sunflower pate which is quite good on crackers with a bit of tomato and avocado.

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

Thanks for sharing your experience with this. When we get into our house I will give it a try.

• The Lasagna was really, really good… especially after being warmed up a bit in the dehydrator just prior to mealtime. It feels really solid and satisfying, much like the “real thing.”

I just discovered another raw lasagna recipe (link) by the raw chef. It looks really good (even uses a variation of the taco meat, which I’d love to incorporate in a future recipe). I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but have read a couple reviews. Mostly, it sounds good, but seems to keep it’s shape only when right out of the refrigerator. Personally, I like a my raw lasagna dehydrated to warm, but I’d love to hear about it if anyone does make this one!