Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Definitely Not a Palin fan

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

speaking of the bailout…..is anyone else completely freaked out that the government now holds a ridiculous amount of shares in all the biggest banks? This is incredibly dangerous!

• Yes, TJAB- not good. :( Who is it that said the definition of fascism is the marrying of big private corporations with government and vice versa? That is exactly what we are seeing.

On another note, here is an article that explains the stances of Obama and McCain on agribusiness and our future of food/farmers:

http://www.grist.org/comments/food/2008/10/03/i…

argh, I get upset when I see how little they care about arguably one of the most important issues.

Also, hasn’t ethanol had an awful effect on things? Doesn’t it take alot of fossil fuel to create?

Both candidates are too inactive on this for me.

• From my understanding, ethenol is not a good alternative as a truly sustainable, eco-friendly alternative to fossil fuels for the reason you mentioned, TJAB, and others. The same land that could be used for farming actual food for our country, instead still gets used for a product that isn’t all that much better/productive/sustainable. So now we have huge amounts of our farmland being used to grow crops to feed the meat and dairy we consume- which is tremendously unsustainable, wasteful, and inefficient- and now we have even more farmland going to grow a still less efficient fuel INSTEAD of this land being used to grow actual food for the people in this country (not to mention others as well!). But the ethenol can controlled by the elite corporation owners and CEO’s who all work togther in the oil industry, factory farm agribusinesses, and pharmaceutical indusry, AND the automobile industry. They can continue to make big profits from contolling our fuel, unlike if we were to go to hydrogen, water, solar, and free energy alternatives which are completely viable solutions now if we were to spend the money on incorporating them into our mass society.

Sorry, tried to make it quick. Gotta run!

yeah, it’s a mess for sure and it seems that, as usual, money and big corporations are behind it.

Well I’m working towards my own sustainability even though I’m far from it. I just don’t want to be royally screwed when everything falls apart.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Who needs ethenol??? we already are good enough with wind, solar and wave power, that the 3 of them combined, can now provide way more energy than we need even if we all drove electric cars.

There is no physical reason we can not all live well. There is more than enough to go around. The only reason we still have problems in the world is because problems equal profit. It is inevitable that from profit comes loss.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Current forms of ethanol are not very clean or sustainable (corn). We need more wind and solar, and cellulosic ethanol. Corn ethanol is a very dirty fuel, not to mention inefficient. It requires so many fossil fuels to produce that it is not worth it.

http://www.seekingalpha.com/article/63019-cellu…

http://www.ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/2007-...

http://www.ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/10/b…

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/cooke/...

okay, I know the answer to this question but I’m going to pose it anyway…...Why are we not tapping into solar power more???? It should be made easily accessible, and purchasable to general consumers as an option for power.

Of course, I know this is because it provides the power free, from the sun. But it makes me mad we as a country haven’t pursued it harder.

• We have just applied for solar power here in the UK, it is really expensive, but when we moved, we saved the cash from our last house. The government here say they are all for the environment, etc, but in fact, the grant they give is a tiny fraction of the total cost. It is pretty disgusting that it is not subsidised more by all governments. I know there is a movement saying that global warming is rubbish, but we watched a programme last night about mathematics and the chaos theory and they were saying that economics and environmental factors can become unstable if not managed properly and I have to say I remember this being said quite some time back (before all the present day troubles have emerged) and once past the ‘tipping point’, there is little we can do to go back. I think governments have done very little and much too late :(

I don’t even care if it’s subsidized here I just want it to be more easily available. I mean, in my neighborhood we have no choice on our electric company. They are terrible! Sometimes our power will go off on a sunny day for a couple hours. That’s not reliable and it’s not cheap either.

• Oh that’s rubbish, sorry it’s so bad for you :( I would be good if you could have solar then, more reliable !

• Why is it not okay to kill wolves but alright to massacre babies? Preferably neither dying would be ideal. ALL life is precious. Why do so many raw foodists happen to be liberals that support abortion but are worried about “saving the environment” and “save the whales” and yadda yadda yadda ... bla. Why not just go ahead and be a total heathen and eat babies raw too? Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Babies aren’t born dead. They are living in utero and Obama supports full-term abortion which is basically the equivalent of mass homicide being condoned. Ugh … don’t get me started … Regarding creation, THANK GOD someone knows the truth and wants to enlighten others that evolution is a fraudulent religion of sorts …

• Why is it not okay to kill wolves but alright to massacre babies? Preferably neither dying would be ideal. ALL life is precious. Why do so many raw foodists happen to be liberals that support abortion but are worried about “saving the environment” and “save the whales” and yadda yadda yadda ... bla. Why not just go ahead and be a total heathen and eat babies raw too? Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Babies aren’t born dead. They are living in utero and Obama supports full-term abortion which is basically the equivalent of mass homicide being condoned. Ugh … don’t get me started … Regarding creation, THANK GOD someone knows the truth and wants to enlighten others that evolution is a fraudulent religion of sorts …

• HERE HERE!

A fine notion! Let’s eat raw babies! Not an unprecedented suggestion, Have you read Jonathan Swift’s essay on the topic of eating babies? “A Modest Proposal” ? If not, here’s a link: http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

Tho, hmmm, come to think of it, Swift didn’t specifically advocate eating them raw, shame on him. Let’s stone him to death. Darn, he’s already dead.So let’s join the McCainiacs and demand the death of Obama. How life affirming. Ugh…don’t get me started.

Evolution is not a religion, it’s science, Much as we’d all like to believe otherwise, there are pretty clear distinctions between beliefs & reality. Religion is all about belief, science is about demonstrable reality.

Disagreement over morals, ethics, beliefs, etc., is one thing – blind refusal to acknowledge demonstrable facts is simply evidence of insanity. Gravity is just a fact, whether you like it or not. Evolution is just a fact, whether you like it or not.

Please post the name of that mysterious “someone who knows the ‘truth’”. I’d love access to that hotline.

Let me just say for the record. I am a raw foodist who many would say is also a liberal tree hugger as you mentioned.

I am not into terminating pregnancies, it’s not ‘my thing’. I can see a future and look forward to a world without abortion. This doesn’t mean that I want a law against it though. We aren’t living in that world yet.

Lovebows, Chris

• So funny! (Be sure and run your pointer around the picture.)

http://www.palinaspresident.us/

• “Powell Endorses Obama, Chides McCain Campaign Tone”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081019/ap_on_el_pr…

• www.drdino.com

Watch the videos on evolution.

Life is never an accident. People kill by choice based on lack of understanding. There is nothing just or righteous about the murder of innocence that can’t defend itself.

• Also I would like to say that I am not a McCainiac because I believe that all politicians are corrupt. I am just waiting for the you know what to hit the fan when people find out the real truth rather than relying on some personal paradigm constructed by a series of preferences and works of fiction. Someday every knee will bow and every tongue shall confess.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Evidently, Palin thinks it is the VP job to run the Senate. WHAT A DINGBAT! It is shocking people think this women is remotely qualified to be VP.

I found this clip and article, which is Bill Maher commenting on Palin’s comments. Both are shown in the video inside the article.

Hard Ball with Chris Matthews – Bill Maher on Palin.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Lyceia, thanks for the crock of crap:-D

• Bwwwaahhhhaaahhhaaaahhhhhaaaaa! I CANNOT believe how UTTERLY STUPID that sorry excuse for a decent human being she is.

Here is another great clip of her REPEATED numerous failings at describing what the VP’s job is- and she fails miserably EVERY time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXfIZ_De-B8

Someday (sigh!) we will look back on this and laugh at how gullible and brainwashed some of us were at falling for her and her handlers’ tactics. ...Someday. When things are much better. :P

• yes i am sure choosing to abort a life is the same as choosing to get raped.. choosing to have a disease or a genetic defect that will be passed onto the unborn.. choosing to become terminally ill.. choosing to be in a debilitating accident.. ETC ETC ETC..

its not fair to lump all those who support PRO CHOICE as being PRO ABORTIONISTS..

not everyone feels that man is a superior being on this planet.. some of us on this website are aware of the fact that we as a species needs to be stewards to the rest of our planet and not just rape and pillage it purely for our own good. Some of us aren’t raw foodists because we’re buying into a fad.. or because we want to do just ourselves good. Some of us wish to lighten our footprint on the planet, ethically don’t agree with being anything other than vegan and our looking for healthy alternatives for both ourselves and the planet.

and that’s why sooo many of us are looking to kill babies and not cows. gimme a freakin’ break.

and why are we thanking GOD for evolution? anyone? anyone? blink.

• ah, ignore my spelling and grammatical errors above.. thanks.

REDEMMA

Please post the name of that mysterious “someone who knows the ‘truth’”. I’d love access to that hotline.

LOORIN

and why are we thanking GOD for evolution? anyone? anyone? blink.

HYSTERICAL!

You know what is so funny about Redemma’s comment on Jonathon Swift is that his piece was intended to show that eating Irish children was more humane than the way the English were treating them. That seems applicable in this context. Some of us are more concerned about the actual life of the child than the potential birth of a fetus. (No need to discuss the women. We can leave them out completely because they just don’t matter.)

After reading back over this thread, the whole thing reminds me of a biology course I took, actually it was a genetics class. We were in a stadium classroom of maybe 150+ students. The professor, who is really a great guy but the year had just begun and I didn’t know how cool he was then, lectured on how amazing mankind was and how we were the most exalted of all the species.

I raised my hand and told him I thought he had it backwards because when you add in the things he omitted you would realize we were the most inferior of all the animals. Come on, no other animal is destroying themselves and their habitat yet we do this with the knowledge we are doing it.

He drew a big T score card on the dry erase board and listed all his pros on one side and all my cons on the other and then the class voted. I actually won. I wasn’t sure about him at the time but I realized later he agreed with me and that is why he responded the way he did. He just never thought the class would think of it that way.

Whenever I realize how intellectually vacant so many are, I always remember that. There is nothing wrong with our social problems that a careful analysis would not fix.

Bottom line: The majority of humans are mental and spiritual Neanderthals. The majority will probably make sure we have destroyed everything, I MEAN EVERYTHING, in our path as we destroy ourselves.

ya’ll need some good news!

see here… http://www.goneraw.com/forums/other-stuff/topic…

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Anyone read about this one yet?

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/564387.html

Basically the McCain Campaign spent $150,000 for Sarah Palin’s makeover at stores like Neiman Marcus and Saks Fith Avenue. Amazing when McCain keeps harping on spending freezes and cutting out pork barrel spending. And this kind of over-the-top spending during times when Americans are really struggling to make ends meet. I realize we can’t have the ‘hockey mom’ shopping at KMart but $150,000????!!!!! At this point, I’m just shaking my head and being entertained by all this. I can’t wait for Nov 4th to come and go and hopefully we won’t have to hear much more about Palin.

This woman is the intellectual equivalent of George Bush. I have started reading transcripts of her speeches. It is as though English is not her native language.

Now she is implying Obama will implement a communist regime if elected. I guess this means he is a communist terrorist.

From her campaign speech earlier today:

“See, under a big government, more tax agenda, what you thought was yours would really start belonging to somebody else.”

What does she think just happened before and under the bailout? Assets people owned were stolen with no recourse to the owners and now the taxpayers owe more money because the government is forcing their victims to finance their next go-round,

Interestingly enough, the banks seem to be using the money they have received under the plan to puchase smaller banks who aren’t getting aid and may not make. It appears the money isn’t being used to restore the loan markets as intended.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Is it just me or has everyone not noticed that there is something too good about Obama. He voted for a talked down version of the star wars program and I was just give this off of raw washington a yahoo group http://www.antiwar. com/justin/ ?articleid= 13623 I really think its time to realize that we have a serious global issue WTO COdex alimentarius NWO these are real and everyone who supports one of these two think its the other who is bringing it and its both the only ones who wont were not invited to debates and were kept out by corporate owned democracy with our own tax paid police force.

That is my opnion anyway and you can watch vids of these facts and source it it is all there.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Good F’ing grief. Palin’s line: “See, under a big government, more tax agenda, what you thought was yours would really start belonging to somebody else.” is so obtuse.
    What? Does she actually maintain that government doesn’t ALREADY do this scheisse?
    Ever heard of Eminent Domain Mrs. Palin?! Look it up! It’s bloody real and it happens.
    Do any of you homeowners think that you REALLY own those homes? If the government has a project they want to undertake and your property line is involved - OH WELL! Looks like you might be searching for a new place to call home.