Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dehydrator Recommendations

I’ve found 2 that I feel torn between. Not sure if I can get my husband to let me get either of them anyway, but I thought I’d ask the group for their 2 cents. There’s one called excalibur that I think a lot of folks have, and then there’s one that looks very similar by Good4you. The Good4you one is cheaper but I’m wondering is it worth it? Are they similar?

What do you folks use?

Comments

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

I saw the Good4you after I had already bought my Excalibur, but from what I saw it looked like the tray surface space was smaller on the Good4you. That would be something I would look into. I know I love my Excalibur so far though. It can be somewhat noisy at times, but I don’t imagine the Good4you would be any different, if anything it would likely be louder. You typically get what you pay for.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Excalibur. it works well – be sure that a different dehydrator doesn’t cause the food to ferment (the cheap nesco ones can let the food go bad before they dry it, at times)

• thanks for the heads up on that, both of you. It’s just me and my husband at home, and I know without asking that he’d never go raw. Right now, my goal is raw for all meals except evening meal. Still, I love to experiment.

• I have an Excalibur 9 tray that I love love LOVE and can highly recommend. I have heard others mention that this model is loud but I don’t find it to be at all. You probably won’t run into a lot of people that have Good4You dehydrators yet – they’re pretty new. Personally I wonder about the door-less design, and as Caleb mentioned, the trays look significantly smaller than those of the Excalibur. I use my dehydrator constantly – they’re great fun and open up a whole new world of culinary delights for the raw foodie.

• HG – I’m so tempted by all of the nummy recipes I’ve found here and in a recipe book I purchsed. there’s some sort of ‘meat’ loaf recipe that looked SO GOOD in the book, but it gets ‘cooked’ in the dehydrator so I haven’t been able to make it. When I saw that recipe and the picture I really thought it was old fashioned meat loaf and I figured I would try it out on my husband. Some day…..

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

The Good4U is new. I have a SausageMaker myself.

A friend of mine just bought the Good4U and I got to see it in action. I like it better than the Excalibur. If I didn’t have the SauageMaker I would buy a Goof4U. It is compact, VERY quiet (yes, quieter than the Excalibur!) and honestly, very cute! :) It is has a better fan than the Excalibur which is why is so quiet and it has better wattage too. Just my opinion but I would pick it over the Excalibur.

It seems to be a nice little dehydrator for someone who is just making things for themselves at home.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

There are a couple of other recent threads with dehydrator information. This one has some information on a stainless dehydrator, my personal preference, I think. Haven’t actually made the purchase yet, but I like the idea of less plastic in my life. Queenfluff has always seemed very knowledgable, and she recommends the stainless model. Here’s one more. Hope these are helpful.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I have two Excaliburs. a 5 tray and a 9 tray. They can get loud and they also rattle. Especially the 9 tray. If I knew about the SausageMaker I may have bought it. My DH is definitely not with me about raw eating. I have stayed raw for almost 4 years so it is possible to have both in the same house.

• Just got the Excalibur and I LOVE it!!! Got the 9 tray! It’s been going full steam since we got it. So stoked about it!

www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Just a short note. Excalibur really does a great job. Tho it would be nice if the company would take care of the fan noise and the extra rattles.