Help! Need dinner ideas for tonight..

Hi everyone,

Similar to Caleb’s thread for today but mine is regarding a 3 course dinner that I need to make for this evening. I was given very little notice about it but I need to impress! Any ideas?

I’m thinking a really good salad, a main course and a dessert.

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

wowsers! That is short notice.

Maybe the pesto on zucchini “noodles”? It’s simple, tasty and doesn’t need any soaking, dehydrating or chilling.

For dessert maybe an apple pie? They don’t take to much time I don’t think

• I know! Tell me about it.

I just remembered this recipe that I’ve been meaning to add to the site.. http://goneraw.com/recipes/5442-Macademia-Cashe…

I might make that for the main course tonight! I may not be able to get macademias though.

Thanks for the suggestions bubble. I might make an apple pie for dessert then.

• If you are really pressed for time you might just make a lovely parfait of sliced apples, assorted nuts, dried fruits, and if you allow yourself kefir I simply love it. Or you could make a sweet creamy sauce out of nut milk, honey (or blue agave), cinnamon and nutmeg.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Delightful Coconut Fudge Bars on this website is an easy dessert! :)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

You can use pine nut instead of mac nuts if you want to make alfredo sauce. Or brazil nuts are the preferred sub for mac nuts. I think the mac nuts make too sweet a sauce but that is personal preference. I think the pine nuts make a better alfredo.

I would vote as an easy dessert to make fruit with a tasty whipped cream on it. So easy to make the cream – just cashews blended with agave and vanilla. Tastes like Cool Whip! :)

Let us know what you make!

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

bronwyn, how did it go?

• Hey Caleb, thanks for asking-it went so well!

For the appetizer I made a salad on iceberg lettuce with cucumber, dried cranberries (soaked), apples, cherry tomatoes, red pepper and hemp seeds. The dressing was olive oil, a little apple cider vinegar and raw honey.

As a main course I made the zucchini pasta and used queenfluff’s idea of adding pinenuts and alot less macademia. It turned out irresistably delicious. Even my non raw friends were licking their plates clean!! :) It was so good I actually modified my recipe to include more pinenuts, thanks queenfluff! Also-queenfluff-I wanted to mention that you must be an excellent raw chef, all your recipes look divine!

I actually went with bubble’s idea for the apple pie. I made up my own recipe and I will add it to the site today.

mmmorgans, wish I had seen your ideas, I totally would have made the sunflower stuffed mushrooms instead of the salad.

Thank you everyone for your help!