neti pot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg

anyone use these? The above video makes me LOL though…

Comments

• dodododo Raw Newbie

eeeewwww hehehehe. ive not used one of those but in germany if you have a stuffy nose you suck warm salt water up each nostril and snort it out repeatedly, i thought it would sting like nothing else but it doesnt and it really does clear the nose out. those neti pots look groovy :)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha my sister swears by these. I haven’t tried one yet because I sort of have a phobia of stuff going up my nose but from what I hear they’re amazing.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

I have a squeeze bottle made for nasal irrigation. The first time I used it I couldnt believe how much more I could smell things! And during cold season, I put a tiny drop of tea tree oil in with the salt water… soooo refreshing!

• Yep, I have used the neti pot for years now. I used to get quite a lot of sinus problems and the neti pot worked wonders. It takes a bit of getting used to but if you can relax while doing it and have the right ratio of salt to water then it works beautifully. But watch out for too much salt or too cold of water – it hurts! Happy neti potting:)

• the neti pot is FABULOUS. It’s a little odd in the beginning but it’s easy.

Fill pot with warm water. Add finely ground sea salt (I also have a special zinc oil that I add). Stir. Lean forward, tip your head to one side, insert nozle into nostril of choice. BREATH THROUGH YOUR MOUTH. Tip your head and the water will come out the other side, and take with it more nasty junk then you ever imagined. Repeat on opposite side.

My eyes tear in the beginning but now it’s so easy.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

sounds like a good idea… but for me I would be scared it would run down into my lungs or something!

• i LOVE love love my neti pot. as a singer i especially appreciate the way it keeps my sinuses clear (and thus, resonating) and irrigated. my voice teacher got me hooked and i would recommend it. yes, its weird at first but you’ll come to love it! and chicory, as long as you keep breathing through your mouth, the water goes nowhere but your sinuses.

• I do own one. I sincerely believe it’s good.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I have had a stuffy nose for years and not been able to smell in so long when I do smell something I have a hard time identifying what it is, so I decieded to try this out. I have used it two nights in a row and both times I spend the rest of the night blowing my nose. it is just like I have a cold or something. very very uncomfortable. how long do you have to do this to make it stop? I still wake up with a stuffy nose every morning and my tongue is so dry it hurts from breathing thru my mouth all night

I do this then all hell breaks loose.

Is this normal?