Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Potter Fans?

clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Harry that is..? Trouble’s J.A.B – I know you’re out there :o)

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Amen sister! I won’t let you down!

I’m magically inclined

• I’m a big fan myself!

sexy hair dreaminraw. I can’t pull off super short.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

hummmm, ugh! Dont need it, I have the true thing. Or are we talking about a new recipe?

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Agreed – great hair, I’m always too scared to go that short, I tried once and ended up with a ‘bowl’ as it was cut so badly – scarred me..

Anyway? Fav character? Am a big fan of Luna, especially when she was dancing at the wedding. And Ron, he’s so ironic and sarcastic!

haha beany you’re so funny. No, unfortunately, we’re not talking about a new recipe. We’re talking about the series Harry Potter.

and hey, I got the real thing to but nothing like good solid entertainment.

Sorry Beany, must have been writing whilst your post came on, but er, I’m lost?

Ron is definitely my fav. He’s hilarious with his sarcasm. Love the dry humor.

Also I’m one of the pathetic believers that Snape was good all along and so by the end I was practically in love with him. hehe

I love the fact that Albus (Potter not Dumbledore) was named after him “You’re named after one of the bravest men I ever knew..” Sigh.

Also, in the films,.. There’s something about Alan Rickman, even if he’s playing Snape!

You said it. Sheesh, the voice, the dark looks.

• I’ve been a fan from the beginning! I have owls in my yard, and a couple of summers ago the baby would swoop over my deck, and hang out on it! I used to sit out there and talk to my owl, while reading my HP books! I know, I’m a geek.

Hmmm, favorite character is Ginny! That girl rocks!

I’m geeking with you!

Ginny’s wicked, I love how she hangs in there for Harry the whole time (& is more powerful than the boys hee hee!)

Bat Bogey Hex!

I have millions (ok, exaggeration) of frogs in my garden, maybe about 15. they’re so cool, they ribbit (if that’s a word) sometimes at night and I think they’re brill, hate to think of them as potion ingredients!

Well if you want entertainment I will take Star Wars. I have whole book shelves of their $$$ buy this stuff.So will leave you to your fantasies, and get to my dirty dishs. Wiggling my nose never worked.

• Thanx on the hair. lol. I used to have it down to my butt when I was little”~” took forever to convince my mom to lop it off for me! (she’s a hairdresser) MMmm my fav? I LUUUUURV sirius! I dunno something about the whole tormented rebel without a cause thing just really apeals to me. But I agree that ginny is a spunky little rose. The weasley twins always cracked me up. Their brand of humour and ” I dont care what people expect of me” ness always reminded me of my own brother:) Beany I agree that star wars ROCKS to. I grew up with them. I have a bunch of old second hand star wars books from my dad and I loved the Jedi Apprentice series when I was in junior high. Probably why Im trying to turn my own life into a space opera;)

Yeah, I grew up with Star Wars too. Definitely love it.

Sirius is awesome! I was traumatized when he got killed. Literally cried my eyes out.

• I think I actually took a couple weeks to get over Sirius ;(

My sister too. She was so infatuated with him. ha. But it was all for the best in the end I guess. sniff

Was well represented in the film too, not how he died but Remus trying to hold onto him and stuff.. dont get me wrong, I’m a book fan but the films are my back up :o) Do I do too many smileys..?

I always thought the guy who plays Aragorn from lord of the rings would be a great Sirius like he is in the film, all long dark hair etc,..

Gary Oldman’s a great actor, but the other guy (Viggo Mortensen) looks like I imagine Sirius to, young, wild and handsome

• Bah. I suppose. It just wouldn’t have been the same without that occurence. But still… I love Lord of the Rings too. Any other Ringsies out there?

• drgonflydrgonfly Raw Newbie

Finally got a chance to response. I love Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings. When new books came out I made vague comments to my husband (he’s not a reader) such as you won’t believe what they did! Or you’ll be sure to find out things in the next movie! So I won’t tell him anything about how Harry Potter ends, but he heard me make alot of oh no’s! & gasps while reading it! I know, I’m bad. :D I love Tolkien’s writing style. He’s in a class by himself.

The only thing that really bother me about LOR is that they portrayed Argorn as someone who didn’t want the kingship, when he did. But the other stuff I could live with.

• hee hee, this is fun.

The first movie I ever saw in the theater was the first Star Wars; I was six. My grandma took me, and I think I may have dozed off in the middle. But from that day on, I’ve always aspired to live like a Jedi. Even as an adult, if I’m at a crossroads or wondering what to do, I think about what a Jedi would do. :)

any other Jedi masters here?

• ha littlegems. That’s funny. My best friend and I have a running gag goin on where whenever I get going on health, nutrition, raw food, enviromental stuff etc she calls me a Jedi master. lol and says she is but my humble padawan learner :) I don’t think I qaulify at jedi level in this area honestly. But it’s cool cause I always thought that it would be awesome if I could learn the ways of the force ;) honestly it would make my life SO much less confusing. I think it’s a really cool idea. The way everythings connected by this living energy. Wonder if that would help me read my prof’s mind during exams??

Oh I have learned the ways of the force. Tho I think I would get in deep trouble if I said anything. So..May The Force be with you,

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Potter fan here too!

Yeay hi Bitt!,

Am back – went off for my body brush/salt scrub/ bath/butter/bed/potter fest and was lurvely.

I can thoroughly recommend warm melted cocoa butter and frankinsence..

So, who was gutted about Dobby.. :o(

• Hey! Nice to meet you all. I am Potter lover too. And all the other books you mentioned! Following the same line I really like Inheritance series (Eragon), that one I sometimes like even better than Potter. But I absolutely do not like Potter and Eragon movies, I can tolerate those but they do not have any deep touch. While SW and Lord of the Ring (extended edition) are really my favorite.

Nice to meet you too!

Books are 1 million % better arent they?

I keep trying to get my other half into them but he’s not much of a reader, he says, ‘but I can watch the films’ so try as I might! Meant that I had to explain half of the missing plots in every film though or he doesnt really get what’s going on..

I did get as far as an audio book on hol though so its a start!

• drgonflydrgonfly Raw Newbie

I totaly agree grsshopper on the Eragon movie. They totaly blew a good book. It seemed as if the producer hadn’t even read it! Hugely dissappointed.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I love HP! I just got an awesome HP gift for my birthday, yay!

• The books are usually way better than the movies. that’s the case for HP. Whereas the movie for LOTR isn’t really better or worse. It’s different and AWESOME. Not to mention a wicked soundtrack. Star wars has taken on so many different forms as a bunch of different authors get there hands on george lucas’ idea and run with it. Sometimes I like what they’ve done and sometimes I wanna wring their necks. But such is life;) I think I’ve read most of the later Harry potter books (not 1&2) over a dozen times a piece. Anyone else like that? over and over andover and over.