Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Master Cleanse?

13»

Comments

• I have the book in front of me. Page 22 reads:

“8 fl. oz. of spring or purified water or substitute 10 fl. oz. of fresh sugar cane juice for the water and maple syrup. Do not use fluoridated water.”

Blue_Eyes – What book do you have? Perhaps you have an impostor? This is straight from the official book, “Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days” by Peter Glickman.

Just trying to keep things straight so no one has negative results :-)

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

sorry but you have the impostor my book is by the Stanley Burroughs the man who created the master cleanse. it was created to help people detox and clear up health issues not as a diet.the weight loss was just a perk. Its origins was to heal stomach ulcers but he found that his patients improved in all areas as well.

Peter Glickman does have Burroughs book on his website. and Burroughs clearly states many times that although you can use substitutes you will not get the full effect and health benefits, And this is a hard cleanse to follow that long without cheating. I would personally not go thru the trouble if I knew I was just going thru the motions and not going to get the results I was promised. I would consider it a waste of time and time missed eating. and if you are doing this for weight loss, be forewarned that half or all of it comes back once you start eating again.

page 17 “The maple syrup is a balanced form of positive and negative sugars and must be used, not some “substitute”.

It then goes on to talk about the different types of maple syrup and the benefits it brings to the plan.

• I am on Day 6 and feeling really good. The main things that have been happening for me is: cravings for cooked foods and being really cold all the time. Other than that: everything is great.

SW: 144 CW: 140.4

• Peter Glickman’s book is simply an updated version of Burroughs’. He makes several references to the original throughout and many times states “what Stanley Burroughs would say.” I would not call my book an impostor, and yes you do have the original. Mine does have an exact recipe stating 8oz of water, though, and it is the book of the official website as well. I would not substitute anything for the maple syrup, whether it agave (which some people think is okay… I do not..) or the evaporated cane juice. And FYI, I do not do the cleanse to lose weight.

Thats good I was commenting on the title“Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days”

Because you don’t get to keep all the weight off that you lose.I did not want you to be disappointed at the end when some comes back if that was your purpose.

As for as the official we would have to bring Burroughs back to endorse it. I cant call anything Official if someone takes someones else work changes it and makes money off of it when the original is not here to endorse it.

Nothing against you at all But that is just me I am funny that way about hearing the word OFFICIAL anyone can write that it is just a word that is overused and mostly incorrectly.

Best of luck to you.

• can I drink tea during the cleanse? i can’t figure out as to why I wouldn’t be able to, it is mostly water, but was not sure…

• The book says that you can drink some peppermint tea.

I am on Day 8—doing great.

How’s everyone else doing?

• I just finished a 14 day cleanse.. it was down, up, down. the highs were amazing, the clarity was great.. unfortunately, i haven’t had enough rest the past 5 days and have ended up sick with cold-like symptoms.. sinus issues. i’m not feeling great anymore, but very excited to transition into more raw food and all the wonderful benefits of that, as well as exploring new recipes!!

• HI! I’m on day 4, doing well, not feeling hungry but still wanting to eat something, if that makes any sense. I’m also feeling a bit cold, but I don’t know if that mostly has to do with the weather starting to change here in Ohio.

I think I’m going out to buy some mint tea today, to help keep me a little warmer. I wonder if the lemonade mixture can be drank warm.

Violincyndee, good for you, not long to go now.

KathyKath – How are you doing?

Nathalie

• Thanks Nathalie!

I am on Day 10 now and freezing cold! I have been cold for at least 5 days, but I know it’s only because of the cleanse.

So.. I am going to continue on for a few more days. I will decide how long after seeing how I feel. My tongue is not yet back to pink, and I’d like to lose a few more pounds, too.

I’ll probably go another 3-5 days, or so..

• Today is my day 10 on this, and i think i’m going to go a bit longer. I was only doing the tea twice a day, but i still get crampy off and on during the day. I just don’t feel i’m where It’s suppose to get me on here, so tomorrow i’m doing a salt water flush. I’m just going to feel it out and let my body tell me when i’m done. Right now, it’s telling me i need to do this longer. did anybody ever get good results for doing the tea and not salt water in the morning?

• Blue eyes and KathKath-You are saying the exact same thing, lol. There is nothing to argue about, and neither of you have an “Imposter Book”! 2 T. of juice, plus 2 T. of syrup equals 4 T…same thing as 1/4 of a cup…same thing as 2 oz. Now if you add 8 oz. water to this, you get 10 oz. If you put it in a 10 oz. glass and fill it up, you are still adding 8 oz. (or 1 cup) of water. Just a little simple math, lol.

I am on day 2 of my cleanse, and the only thing I’m not liking is the salt water. It is kind of hard to get down, but bearable. My boyfriend couldn’t tolerate it, so he’s doing the tea twice a day. (He’s a big tea drinker already.) I have also realized that I need to be home for a couple hours and not go out after the salt water flush…those of you who have done it know exactly what I’m talking about. It is so nice that I have support though, as I don’t know if I’d make it by myself. My boyfriend is doing it with me, and I just learned a co-worker just finished her’s, and she’s been very supportive! How is everyone else doing?

• Shutter Nutter-The book actually says to use “medium hot” water but you can drink it cold if preferred. I actually drink it cold because drinking warm lemonade seems too foreign for me.

• I’m on day 6 today … but messed up a bit yesterday. I SO, SO wanted to taste something different in my mouth and for dinner when I made pasta for the kids I dipped my finger in the marinara sauce, three times!!

I was also wondering if I can drink coconut water once in a while instead of the regular water, anybody know? I really do need to have some different taste in my mouth once in a while and I think this would help.

Apart from that all is well. Yes, the SWF are yucky but I don’t mind them too much. For me the hardest thing has been wanting to eat something. Like I said before I’m not hungry, I just want flavor in my mouth. A big fat salad is what I crave the most.

I’m not cold anymore, it was just that on day, but now it’s back to the 70’s here and I feel fine. I haven’t had any mayor detox symptoms that I can see, no yucky tongue, headaches, ects.

Quiora, all the best with your cleanse … yes, that staying home after the SWF is a must!! LOL

violincyndee, I’m glad you are doing so well. As I feel as of right now I will only be doing 10 days, maybe I’ll change my mind closer to day 9 or 10, but I doubt it.

Stene, I’ve been doing the SWF every morning, so I have no experience with the tea twice a day, but if you are eliminating it should be OK. I read that the SWF is better, but hey we can only do so much. Good luck if you decide to extend the cleanse.

Nathalie

• Day 13 for me! I felt really great today during the day. Just getting kinda tired now, since I went to bed too late last night and had to get up early.

But.. last night I went to a party where there was (cooked) pizza! OMG I was drooling! And… I am vegan! I was SO ready to just have some! But I persisted with my LA and just stayed far away from the pizza.

So, ever since last night, I have been having tremendous cravings.. I am not sure if it’s because of the cravings or not that I am thinking about breaking the MC. I think I really DO know that is the case. I am thinking that I should at least continue on through tomorrow.

I guess I just want to eat now! HA! I know I will eat on Friday, so am trying to stick it out until Monday or Tues. BUT my cravings are so intense now..

I’d like to lose a little more weight, too. Grrr!

What would everyone else do in this case?

• End of day 6.

OK, so I did it again, I had a tiny bite of white rice, but I dipped my finger into a green goddess dressing, 4 times this time! I’m thinking of cutting it off!! LOL

I’ve pretty much stopped the cleanse, haven’t I? Should I stop now?

Any input would be really helpful.

Nathalie

• ShutterNutter – Unfortunately, technically you have stopped your cleanse. But, if I were you, I would just pretend it never happened and keep going from where you were! One tiny bite of white rice and a little dressing is hardly detrimental.

Quiora – Stick with it! Don’t give up! You will regret it if you end early, trust me. My first cleanse I only made it 5 days and I was beating myself up for it. You are probably just detoxing. The third day is one of the hardest, at least it was for me. As far as the SWF in the AM – I’d say you should try to do it every morning if at all possible. It is really key in flushing out your system, but if you don’t want to/can’t do it, then at least have the lax tea in the AM! And limes are definitely good in switching up the LA a little bit.

violincyndee – Day 13! Wow, good for you! You must feel amazing! If you are having cravings though, you should definitely keep cleansing, otherwise you’ll be more prone to give in to the cravings (bad bad bad!) Stick with it, take it one day at a time. You’ll know when it’s time to stop! Good luck :-)

As far as I’m going, well my plan was to start on Monday the 6th, but it turned out to be really bad timing. I’m in college and I’m still living in the dorms (unfortunately), so it’s pretty hard to do things like this without a sink, and living in the same room as my food, lol. Also, I was going to tryout for the lacrosse team, and tryouts were this past week and it didn’t seem like a good idea for me to be cleansing and doing high intensity workouts at the same time. Turns out after day one of tryouts, I realized my heart isn’t in the game anymore, which actually kind of upset me but I’m glad I at least tried. I really wish I would have started my cleanse though, because I really need it. It’s just so hard being at school and doing it. My next full cleanse probably won’t be until January or February, but maybe I’ll surprise myself!

Good luck everyone! Keep it up, you’ll be glad you did :-)

• I am really in need of support too!! This is really hard!! I’m nearing the end of day three and I can’t fathom another week of this. How do you do it?! I haven’t cheated and I won’t as long as I’m spending so much money on it. I want to do it properly. I did drink about 2 T. of maple syrup. Straight. Why? I don’t know…maybe it is because I need something that tastes different. I think I might go with organic limes tomorrow instead just as a pleasant change. The book says you can use either.

I also think I might stop the SWF in the AM, or maybe just do it every other day. Would that work? All that is coming out is neon yellow liquid!!

I don’t know what to tell you, Shutter Nutter, but good luck!! Maybe we can be support buddies for each other?

• Has anyone done a long-term MC? Can you tell me about your experience?

• Day 14

Still hanging in there! I am glad that I decided to continue on another day. I know it was just my cravings that were driving me to stop the cleanse. I was craving cooked food and total junk food, too. So, I do think that if I had ended the clease yesterday I may have binged on the wrong kind of food!

Anyway.. I will definitely continue on today and tomorrow, then see about Tuesday.

I also know that I am married to my scale! I guess I am just afraid that if I do NOT weigh myself, the scale will start going in the wrong direction again.

I am also kinda afraid that once I do start eating again, the scale will go in the wrong direction! So.. weighing myself daily is a way to keep me in check. If the scale goes up, I adjust my food accordingly..

Happy to say that the scale was down a tiny bit this morning! I’d like to get a little bit further away from the 140’s though, before ending the cleanse.

SW: 144 CW: 138