Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

80/10/10 Salad Dressing recipes needed

I’m having trouble eating salads because I do really miss my vinaigrette. Lately I’ve been only getting my greens through smoothies but I do crave salads once in a while. What are your favorite 811 salad dressings to help me?

Comments

• Thanks for asking this, Huong. I’m wondering the same thing!

• I often just squeeze a lemon on my salad. But I have a few yummy favorites too. If it is a salad with mostly fruit on lettuce (like pears and apples), I blend an orange and 1-2 dates to make a creamy sweet dressing.

For a more vegetable based salad, I’ve blended tomato, garlic, and basil.

You might want to check the 811 thread, but because I think there are some other dressings mentioned.

• There are some from what I am using. I use herbs and sometimes garlic also. Raspberries + celery blended; Mix of all citrus juices + basil; cucumber + dates + lemon juice = parsley blended; cucumber + pinch sesame seeds + celery + orange juice blended; pumpkin + dates + lemon or lime juice blended; cucumber + dill + dates + lime Juice blended ; etc…You can add little garlic to any of those dressings.

• has anyone tried 1/2 avocado + tomato + spinach + lemon juice?

I haven't, I'm asking, because I was thinking of trying this and I'm curious if it even tastes good.

• Oh yeah, that'll be good! I mix up Avocado all the time and have thrown spinach in several times. Try Lime instead of Lemon and throw a bit of cumin in, maybe some finely chopped up garlic and onion and you have a guacamole (Mash up the guac with two large spoons rather than a blender or processor to get the authentic chunky texture)

Don't be afraid to experiment! Try adding a bit of apple cider vinegar as well...

• Thanks.

however I do not eat dried spices, garlic, onion or ACV.

But I'm glad you think it will taste okay :)

• Oops! Sorry... I'm not up to speed on certain things! :) (Actually, a lot of things)

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Yeah, people on 80/10/10 would not eat garlic or cumin, etc.

I don't like to eat dressings but will mix up greens with avocado, tomato, and basil. It becomes creamy if ripe.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

My two favorite dressings:

3 tomato + 1 heaping tbs. raw tahini + lemon juice (to taste) + 1/2 red bell pepper

3 tomao + 1/4 avocado + 1 red bell pepper (or 1/2 a peeled cucmber)

• So I used a medium tomato, nice and ripe, about 1/4 avocado, a couple big handfuls of spinach, and some fresh basil... I blended 'er up and poured it over spiraled zucchini. Very good! A tomato, avo, and basil would be great on its own over greens, too. I agree with superfood on that combination, though I do prefer to blend mine, still. I would like to get to the point where I don't use the blender as much because I do believe in eating foods in their whole natural state more so, but I'm still a work in progress :)