EasyCheetah (regarding quantum eating)

roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

Hey Ive been doing this now for 3 days and feel great! I cant wait to get the book but for now I cant because of finances wont allow. I started eating from noon to 5,then noon to 4, and now Im 11 to 3 working my way to 10 to 2. My question is when do you drink water and how much? I read in a quantum eating blog during the non eating time while youre basically fasting that its a dry fast. Ok I drink water whenever I want and a lot of it, what does the book say? Because i also read you can drink a lot of water and still be dehydrated.

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hey what’s quantum eating? Something that sounds interesting.

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” -Albert Einstein

I love that quote and it definitely pertains to the summer I’ve been having trying to loose the 2-3 pounds from our holiday in Italy this past May. I’m a runner, among many other outdoor activities. I’d love to be able to get my ass out of bed and do my running in the morning hours like you, roadrunner. I’m pretty healthy, energetic, thin (my hubby thinks I”m too thin but I disagree) and I do great on my raw diet (anywhere from 80-90% for a year now)...BUT I do think there is something missing, like the last piece of the puzzle…

Roadrunner – I read your post on the 1200 calories thread and I’m extremely intrigued and interested in trying the quantum eating plan. (I’m going to order the book). I’m also interested in how much water EasyCheetah is drinking as well. I drink A LOT of water especially for the extreme, hot bikram yoga I do in 105 temps for 90 minutes at a time. Roadrunner, how much water have you been drinking? Also, do you eat greens/salads?? I notice you eat a lot of fruit.

• I have never read the book. I have been wanting to though. Does it have some tips on water drinking too? I do know that the first sign of dehydration is thirst. If you are not thirsty then you’re ok.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

AzulBlue02034 I dont know anything about the Quantum diet but for dehydration, most hunger is a bodys cry for water. by the time you feel thirsty you are already very much to dehydrated. We spend time eating when we really should be drinking more water.

• roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

joyceH Im fruitarian,fruit,nuts,seeds,the only nuts i eat are natural peanuts in the shell,no salt,and sunflower seeds that have been soaked over night then dried naturally in the sun. i drink a gallon of water a day. ive felt thirsty even after drinking a gallon of water which is why I brought up the point where i heard you can drink a gallon of water and still be dehydrated!

According to Dr. F. Batmanghelidj in his book “your body’s many cries for water”. we are still dehydrated after drinking tons of water because we also have a salt defiency and they work together to hydrate the body. So you need so much salt with so much water to get the cells to absorb it. otherwise it is just going down the toliet. this has helped me alot with my asthma as well.

Everything I have been learning is that everything we eat or drink needs things from the others to be absorbed and used properly. just like calcium needs vitamin D and whatever else. nothing works on its own

• roadrunner I eat from 10-2 and then I am done until the next day including water for the most part. However I do drink if I feel thirsty. I am not a big drinker as a whole though. Probably 32 oz of water during my eating time but I eat a lot of juicy fruit, grapes, watermelon in season, oranges etc and get a lot of water content there. It has been several months since I initially read Tanya’s book and my sense is that she gets alot of her water from fruit as well but I will pull out the book tomorrow and look it up for you for sure.

Peace!

• roadrunner sorry it took me so long. Hard to get a free moment some days. Tanya recommends a dry fast. Actually pretty interesting reading on the healing benefits of dry fasting for raw foodists. though she explicitly says that 8-10 glasses of water are a must for people eating cooked food.

Great book! I highly recommend it.

Peace!

Thanks EasyCheeta, I made it 3 days and messed up tonight, I have a hard time not eating when I get home from work, this is a lifelong habit. im just flat addicted to eating and its insane! I will nail this down but itll take me a few tries just like quitting smoking did I had to quit a few times then I finally got it.I like the quantum eating idea and it makes me feel a lot better not going to bed with food in my stomach but tonight I ate and just got done eating again! and it is 7:30! And Tomorrow is a run day so ill definately pay for it! I feel so much better running on an empty stomach, I know it makes no sense, cars dont run well onlempty but Im not a car LMAO! Im definately going to do this, I think the digestive tract needs daily rest and 16 to 20 hours is awsome! Thanks for the responses! Rob

• Hey roadrunner congrats on quitting smoking! If you can do that, you can conquer anything! It really is amazing how much energy you can have utilizing the nutrients you have already consumed rather than constantly adding more. I feel tons better and it is really cool how much more efficient my digestive system is too (sorry about the TMI there LOL)

Have a great run tomorrow!

Oh I forgot to mention, the 3 days I went quantum where I stopped eating by 2 pm I woke up every day before the alarm went off and when i eat at night or in the evenings i hit the snooz a few times and have to crawl out of bed! So it definately isnt a good idea to eat in the evenings. Also I do very well on light juicy fruits like apples,oranges,grapes, etc but when i eat bananas or avocado they slow me down.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

This may be a stupid question but does the time period have to be in the afternoon or morning? I’m not really looking to change but it’s always a hassle for me to eat during the day since it’s pretty hectic but what about a time period of say four to seven? Would that be to late?

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Just re: water. A good rule of thumb is drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily. Add 16 oz. for every pound you lose while exercising (which means doing one ex. session with no water to find out). Add 12oz. of water for every caffeinated beverage you drink. BTW roadrunner. I cannot run with anything in my stomach either. If I’m hungry B4 i just have 1/2 a banana or small plum.

that is correct Izhpt and also eating fruit is not that same as water. the chewing action tells your body food is coming in not water. so it will treat the fruit as food. Your taste buds are not there just for your eating enjoyment, they serve a function. your body gears up for what the mouth says is coming in and it “only treats water like water”so counting fruit is futile.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I agree on the salt issue. Himalayan salt is the best, because sea salt can be toxic if it was harvested from polluted oceans. My mom converted one of her patients to fruitarian and according to the blood results her salt levels were low. So, yes you definitely need salt in your diet.

I have been eating avocado with Himalayan salt and dried crunchy onions, it’s the best snack in the world and tastes like pizza :)

• Hey guys – I don’t know. Tanya makes a pretty good case for dry fasting and it makes a ton of sense to me. I would encourage you to get the book or check it out from the library and see for yourself. She even quotes David Wolfe as a proponent of dry fasting.

lzhpt I have heard the half your body weight in ounces before and the only thing I can say to that one is that is an instant recipe to make me completely sick. I feel terrible when I drink that much – I mean take to my bed sick. It is just too much for me.

I wish there was one answer for everyone but I believe that food is a more complex issue. I try to listen to what my body is telling me and stay that course. Quantum Eating has been a fabulous thing for me personally but I completely respect that others need to follow their own personal path.

Peace!