HELP... temptations...first becoming raw

I haven’t been raw for more than 7 or 8 days in a row but I

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I try to remember that if I cheat, I’m only hurting myself. I don’t want to do that, so I don’t give in when I’m surrounded by people eating toxic food, like chips. I have a point to make after all. Why eat raw if you don’t believe in what it can do for you and if you do believe, why sabotage yourself? I’m trying to convince myself too sometimes and writing this to you just solidifies my conviction.

• My fiancee is not raw – so we often have a variety of cooked food in the house. When i start having really strong cravings for one of these ‘naughty’ foods, i try to analyze what it is i really want. Why am i looking to eat? am i actually hungry? am i bored? am i upset? etc.. Once i pinpoint why i want to eat, then i take a closer look at what it is im craving. If im looking at a pizza is it because i crave tomato sauce? basil? bready stuff?. Usually by the time i get done analyzing the heck out of the situation, the craving is long past. If however, its still around – i look for a recipe to simulate what i want. In the end, i think about why i went raw in the first place, and i think about how im gonna feel in a few hours if i eat something bad. Once you really come to terms with yourself/your body/ the raw lifestyle – resisting temptations gets much easier. It also helps to have a support system (like this website!) Hope this helps. Good Luck!