Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

web page color?

2»

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

queenfluff~ No, Foxfire is made (or at least distributed) by Mozilla Foundation. What Mozilla is probably doing is licensing some anti-phishing software developed by Google that Mozilla has incorporated into Foxfire. Many times companies will go to another company for software pieces they either don’t have the resources to develop or choose not to for other reasons. It is similar to buying a Toyota car with a Sony radio in it. Foxfire is probably making people aware that the anti-phishing software is Google’s because Google’s name has much cache and most people tend to have confidence in Google’s “stuff”. There probably is also some licensing condition that has to do with referencing Google.

And… yes, if you follow the previous directions, one can either turn or off the anti-phishing feature of Foxfire just like in IE. It’s just that Foxfire calls it “suspected forgery” instead of phishing.

To copy over bookmarks/favorites to Foxfire, it is pretty simple. In Foxfire: Click File. Select Import. Follow the bouncing cursor. :) You might also appreciate a special Foxfire feature that tracks the latest added bookmarks (under Recently Bookmarked) so if you want to move Foxfire bookmarked stuff to IE, you have a list. When I moved over my bookmarks to Foxfire, I created a folder called “Imported IE Favorites” that all my IE favorites live. Foxfire allows drag/dropping of bookmarks into different folders or list position. I tend to not have much patience with the IE way of having to go to a special window to do that and then the drag/drop feature was a bit flaky. Just some thoughts/ideas you might find useful… or not.

BTW… goof away. I think this site (and the world in general) needs more humor and play.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Ok so I downloaded foxfire and could see everything in forums the font was different. but it messed up myspace and I could not use everything I had in there or that was on other peoples sites so I had to remove it from my computer. I hope they fix it for the IE people soon

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Blue_Eyes~ Yah, some sites don’t work as well with Foxfire. You can use both IE and Foxfire at the same time. 98% of the time I use Foxfire. On the rare occasions when something is wiggy with Firefox (I guess I use different sites than you… I’m not a big myspace person) in a new window, I simply fire-up IE and run the “wiggy” website on it. Then I just click back and forth between stuff I’m viewing on Foxfire and IE.

I just downloaded it again and it seems my problems were a plug in I needed to install. now all is well and I see color again!!!

one question, what happened to the box to check if you wanted to keep an eye on certain threads. I keep losing track of new ones that I am interested in

• I know, there’s just so many problems right now… :(

I mentioned this in another topic… but basically, we’re building a whole new system for Gone Raw, from scratch, which will be much much better than what we’re on here now. It should be up in a week or two.

We just don’t feel that the current state of this site is good enough.

So stay tuned. We feel your pain!!!

Thanks ray I figured it was something like that. I really love this site, even tho there others they just aren’t the same thing

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

It is interesting to hear people say the Home page had color. I always thought is was white and all the other pages white, as that is what I have always had. Unless you are talking about that itty bitty pale green on top…. I use Foxfire.