Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Happy First Day of Fall!

Comments

• Yay I’m excited too! I love fall-season farmer’s market food! Mmmmmm. And this is the best time for apple picking!

• My mom has three apple trees in her backyark. Every fall it feels like Im stocked up for winter after all the apples I pick haha!

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

Happy Autumnal Equinox to all!

• It is raining leaves…

the smell in the air is different, and Nature has her arms wrapped around me!!

I Love It!!!:)

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Leaves are changing in Vermont right now! It’s our favorite time of year. The next 2 weekends we are taking off days to make them 4 and 5-day weekends! Peak foliage is amazing and we’re looking forward to hiking on the Long Trail, Hungar Mtn, Camel’s hump, Mt Mansfield, and maybe venture out over to the Adirondacks across the lake in NY state! Looking forward to making some fancy raw food recipes that are in-line with the fall season: Raw Food Real World’s red beet raviolis, their soft shelled tortillas made with local organic corn, pumpkin cheese cake, apple cobbler, etc…..

Well I do have mondays off (I work 4 ten hour days) so I”m going to go out and enjoy the beautiful day on our mountain

cheers! Happy Fall!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I want to walk barefoot in the red leaves. Loving the clarity of the air right now. And the farmers have stopped muck spreading so now I can breathe outdoors, and open the windows without gagging! Goodness I hope it isn’t human sewage they put on those fields! I Love the Autumn.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I do like the fall produce. They have unpasteurized apple cider again at the farmers market! :)

This is my first “fall” in California (do they even have fall here? I guess I will find out). It is already getting cold (well, to me cold here means that I can’t lay out and tan by the pool :) ). It is low 70s today – no pool.

To me, fall always came right around my b-day (which was last week) until the falls sort of disappeared in the midwest (it kinda going straight from summer to winter now hardly any fall weather).

I was hoping for warm summer like b-day this year since I am in Cali now but didn’t really happen -started getting cooler last week. :( So, I am a bit bummed because I was really loving the warm weather and enjoying how nice and tanned I was getting (which is rare for me!). I will now go back to being pale until it warms up again. grrr.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

I love fall!! And I envy all of you who actually get to see the leaves change color. Here in Texas they kind of just gradually turn brown and fall off. Not much spectacular compared to what I have seen out east. I am excited about the cooler weather though.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

i love the fall too.. although it’s always been associated with baking for me.. pumpkin and banana bread which I admit I’ve been making but at least vegan this year! I’m digging the local apples.. honeycrisp! yeah!

• Today my kids and I went to a Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary. It was beautiful walking along the trails. It wasn’t very fallish though. It was almost 90 today.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I am so glad that dreadful heat of summer has passed, I just love fall and winter. I can’t wait for the season of concord grapes to start next week. They are so bloody good! It’s finally getting cool here in Maryland.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

One of my favorite fall memories is of the Flume in New England (Fall of 1971 — Does that date me?). The colors were spectacular. I still have a picture of one particular tree that is solid gold with a crisp blue sky in the background. Magnificent! We get some color changes here in Georgia, but nothing to compare with those in New England. Aaaah . . . to go back up for a season. Maybe when I retire . . . just maybe.