Union of Concerned Scientists (& Pharma Crops)

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Today is World Car Free Day and I was browsing their website on the Green Pages and found and interesting website. Union of Concerned Scientists

There is a section on Food & Agriculture: http://www.ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/

It looks like good information. I don’t know much about the site… I’m still browsing through, but I thought to share it with you all. What caught my attention was the Pharma Crops section. They have a database to “to see what pharmaceutical and industrial (pharma) crop production the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has allowed in your state.” So far, looks like mostly corn & soybean.

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

GERMIN8 – The Union of Concerned Scientists is a great source for environmental / health info. You can sign up for their email lists and they will send you articles and alerts on pending legislation so you ca voice your opposition if you choose to. I consider them an important news source.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Germin8 and Meditating thank you for bring this resource to our attention. I just signed up for their email list, and am looking forward to becoming a more informed and proactive citizen.