Fat free dressings

Hi all,

I am going to do a no fat diet this next week, and would like some non-oil/non-nut/non-seed (also no avocados, and no coconut) based dressings. Please help :)

thanks stylin stacey

Comments

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Try making a fruit based dressing if you don’t want any fat. What is it you want the dressing for?

• Thx for the reply!

I would like to have dressings for salads, and wraps, I would even like to know of fat free spreads for sandwiches, and crackers.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Some people blend up tomatoes with a bit of salt and maybe some pepper as a salad dressing. That’s fat free and sounds delicious.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I made a dressing last night using a little olive oil, but I am sure it could be left out. I blended a little tomato, red bell pepper, a slice of peeled zuccini (a big slice), paprika, salt, a little apple cider vinegar and a couple of dates. Tasted alot like french dressing.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I usually don’t eat dressings anymore, but a couple of times I’ve blended an apple with fresh lime and grated ginger root to toss with salads. A spoon of curry would be a nice addition.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

you could use a sundried tomato-based spread. i use the one from raw food real world. it’s basically 2 cups sundried tomatoes (soaked for awhile then drained), one fresh tomato, some salt, lemon. it calls for olive oil but you could skip that.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

For a real no calorie, I use lemon juice and a little stevia. Zucc. or cuc., if a thickening is needed, and fresh ginger for spice.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

For sandwich or dips(thicker dressing) you could make a raw hummus. Sproated chick peas, a tiny bit of olive oil, lemon, and red pepper for extra zing has worked before. I tried this once with red lentils, it was interesting but tasty.

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

For a Japanese or Korean-style dressing, try orange juice, lemon juice (or raw apple cider vinegar) grated carrot, minced (or juiced) ginger, garlic or onion (or both), nama shoyu (or Himalayan sea salt) and black pepper. I would use raw sesame oil to balance out the flavours plus some black sesame seeds, but just leave those out and adjust flavours to your taste.