Bronchitis cures?

angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have weak lungs & have gotten bronchitis every winter – all winter – for several years. I live in Utah, where it is dry & cold in the winter. It’s only September, but I’ve already had a sinus infection (and I have been taking cayenne, which seems to be helping cut mucus) and now the infection is settling into my lungs. I just wondered if anyone has any ideas of how to get rid of it sooner, and naturally, short of moving to a different climate? Help, please – I’m so tired already!

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Any ideas?

• Angie -

I have not had the pleasure of experiencing bronchitis. I have heard people suggest garlic though… so I found this with some garlic suggestions and other methods…

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/bronchitis.html

Hope helps. You sound drained. Hope you are Well Soon!! I will be thinking of you. Happy thoughts for a Speedy Recovery!:)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

ANGIE – I had very weak lungs and always had bronchitis several times yearly and usually missing a week of work each round. That stopped two years ago, although I was exposed to a nasty cold that turned to bronchitis and then a serious lung infection. I did three things, the first producing the most profound results.

First, I had been told for years how fabulous acupunture was but never bought into it. Finally, I was treated by an acupuncturist for my back injury and, after discussing how weak my lungs were he also treated me for that. I had three initial treatments. Prior to those treatment, I always had to keep tissues or hankies every place I went because I produced excess mucous daily. That stopped within a week after my first set of treatments. My overall health began to inprove significantly after those treatments.

The following winter, I would find myself producing mucous on occasion (which for me is the first sign before bronchitis sets in). This would also happen whenever I was near others who smoked. I started taking these homeopathic pills made by Heel and called Bronchitis.

Any time I had symptoms, I would take two doses and the mucous would stop forming. When I ran out of them, I purchased another homeopathic brand of bronchitis treatment and it didn’t work at all.

I keep two bottles of Heel’s product at all times, one at home and one for my pocketbook. If I walk into a second-hand smoke cloud or encounter anything I find irritating to my lungs, I take one. I have not used my inhaler in so long with this product I did not bother to refill it last year. Although I don’t do dairy now (but I cheat on occasion with cheese) I was regularly using dairy through this convalescing period so the remedies worked despite my dairy use.

I run a nebulizer in my house throughout the winter and often use anti-microbal essential oils like oil of oregano, olive leaf oil, etc., alternating with a mixture of lavender and eucalyptus. I suspect that helps too.

My lungs are much healthier now and I no longer consider myself asthmatic. This is what works for me and I have no idea how it would work for you. If you suffer regularly from bronchitis i think it would be worth the try. The inability to breath easily is so taxing on the body and is scary to boot. Best of luck to you.

Thank you both for the ideas & information!

simplyraw – I just started eating garlic yesterday, but that link gave some great information – I may try putting it on my feet. I also saw something on there about cayenne, which seems to be the only thing keeping the mucus semi-cleared out for now. Thanks for the well wishes, too!

Meditating – Thanks for your input – I had been considering acupuncture; now I’m thinking that’s a good idea! And I didn’t know about the homeopathic remedy. Also, I have been taking hot baths with either lavender or eucalyptus oil, and I have some oil of oregano I was thinking of trying (internally), too. Interesting that you mentioned secondhand smoke. As a teenager I was surrounded by A LOT of secondhand smoke. I also had an experience almost drowning, and I wonder if that contributed. Raw food has seemed to make my lungs stronger and my symptoms much less severe; it will be nice when I can be done with this stuff all together! Also interesting to know that the remedy worked even when you were consuming dairy.

I went for acupuncture this morning, and I have been out of bed all day & even doing some things outside without becoming exhausted. Yesterday, I could hardly stay out of bed for 10 minutes before just being so exhausted that I had to go lie down! Thanks, Meditating!

• Ohhh!!!

I am so happy to hear you found something to help!!!

That is Awesome!!! Thanks for the update on your health. I am going to register the acupunture treatment in by mental rollidex for future references. Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

Smiles and Hugs!!:)

• My son has weak lungs and suffers every year with what the doctors believe is either bronchitus or an asthmatic cough. He always gets sick the first 2 weeks of school. Every cold he gets goes straight to his lungs and then it’s on for weeks. This year I started giving him liquid chlorophyll and he is a whole new kid. It’s called ChlorOxygen chlorophyll concentrate and you can add it to 8 oz of water or to a smoothie. This year he didn’t get sick until last week! He caught a virus last week and for the first time since he was a baby his body just fought it off and he was only sick for 2 days. This is a major big deal for us, and I gotta believe that the chlorophyll is what did it. I don’t have the outer package anymore but it said something about how it is really good for the lungs.

goony – That is INTERESTING! I have been drinking green juice like crazy the last few days, because I figured it couldn’t hurt. It didn’t do the trick all by itself, but I’m sure it is helping. :)

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

When one of my children gets a bad bronchitis like cough, it usually means hell for all of us (kids and sleep deprived parents). But not when I do to them what my great grandmother use to do to my grandfather.

I will love to talk more about the natural remedies she used, but for now I can say that this treatment has worked incredible well for my kids. It helps with loosing up the mucus in their lungs and also helps to stop the cough at night. It is so simple.

Immediately before you go to bed, spread some mentholated cream (such as vaporub) on your chest (eucalyptus oil will work well, but you cannot use it alone. You will have to dilute it before you can put it on your skin, otherwise it may irritate your skin). Then, warm up a piece of thick cotton cloth (such as flannel), ironing it back and forth until is fairly warm, but not too hot (you don’t want to burn yourself. It has to feel a little more than warm, in order to be effective though. Get in bed immediately and folding the cloth in two or four sections cover your entire chest area. Cover yourself with blankets so that the heat stays in the affected area for a while. The eucalyptus will help to reduce the coughing and the heat will help to loose the phlegm. Repeat this for two to three nights.

I hope this helps.

rawlizard – I have used an oil blend with eucalyptus on my chest, but I didn’t know about the heat. Thanks :)

• Angie – Love the green juice & green smoothies, but my son doesn’t feel the same way about either. So the chlorophyll in the water seems to be working for him, although I think adding it to you green juice or smoothie would just make it that much more good for you. I like this approach the best out of everything I’ve tried with him because it’s more of a preventative approach instead of waiting till he is sick and then trying whatever I can do get him better. I hope it works for you!

goony – Oh, yeah – I think it’s making a difference. I just mentioned the juices (which I understand may not be so kid-friendly) because I get so much chlorophyll in the greens! I think I need to go get some more cucumbers (I can get a lot more of the bitter greens in if they’re mellowed with cucumber juice). :)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Very good suggestion about using cukes to mellow out the chlorophyll, which i have a hard time with.

• Angie – oh yea cucumbers are great for mellowing it out and really alkalizing! I was reading more about the health benefits from chlorophyll today and it just seems like such a good thing to do. One other thing you might want to try for your sinus infections is a homeopathic allergy and sinus medication that I also give to my son everymorning along with his chlorophyll. The brand I got him is by Source Naturals and it’s called Allercetin Allergy & Sinus, and usually this time of year his allergies are terrible and contribute to his bronchial problems, but this year he is doing great. I’m not sure if it’s the chlorophyll alone, or the homeopathic allergy/sinus pill or the two working together, but it’s working, and with no side effects which is a dream come true. He used to be on several prescription medications a day for asthma and allergies and one would make him hyper, the other would make him drousy and I would litteraly ache inside everytime I had to give him his medicine because I worry so much about the side effects. It’s taken us years to get to this point, but knock on wood, I think we finally found the right stuff. I hope you continue to feel better! Keep eatin your veggies and green juices and smoothies!!!

Thanks! I woke up this morning not able to breathe well again, and blowing my nose. I took a hot bath with a LOT of eucalyptus oil, and it helped a lot. I stayed home from school again to be sure I get enough rest before hiking around campus wears me out. I love life! A few years ago, I couldn’t have imagined drinking these green juices, with or without cucumbers, and now I like whatever feels the best for my body, and it makes me happy. :)

• Hello Angie. I know of a NATURAL CURE for Bronchitis that works QUICKLY! Let me briefly explain how I know about this. Back in 2003, I was in the Body for Life Challenge for 12 wks. Towards the end of that competition I developed a toothache, went to the dentist and he put me on antibiotics (I don’t take aspirin, let alone antibiotics). I only took one pill and my immune system took a dive immediately. I rarely ever get sick, but these antibiotics caused me serious problems (I’ve never taken one since & don’t plan to ever again). Well, at the place I was working at temporarily during this time, there was a man who sat next to me who had Bronchitis, but didn’t bother telling anyone (I thought he just had a scratchy throat). He touched the same phones I did and everything else. I suddenly ended up getting the worse case of Bronchitis i.e. it went into my lungs overnight, I hardly got any sleep over the next week because of the constant coughing. The tickle just would not stop. I knew it was getting worse by the minute and I was heading straight toward Pneumonia, if I did not do something quick! I remembered a man I bumped into at Mother’s Mkt. who had told me that he knew about NATURAL cures for many different ailments, one of which was what I was dealing with. I found his business card and called him. In between coughs (it was very difficult to talk because my throat was so RAW/SORE from all the coughing) I told him what I had and that the stuff I was coughing up was a grayish color & very thick…NOT GOOD! He told me that I needed to do something quick, as it sounded like I had Pneumonia! I had no benefits, so had to rely on something natural. He said, “If you are willing to do what I tell you, you will be back in the gym in 3 days time, stronger & working out better than before!” He briefly shared some testimonies of what this drink had done for others, as well as himself. He gave me a list of the following ingredients. Because I was too weak to juice it myself, I went to Mother’s Mkt and had them juice it fresh for me.:

Makes 8oz: 8oz apple juice (red apples) 4oz lemon juice 4oz grated ginger 1-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (whatever you can handle) OPTIONAL – Fresh Garlic

Makes 32oz: 4 large Fuji Apples 2 large Lemons 2 thumbs Ginger Cayenne pepper (whatever you can handle) OPTIONAL – Fresh Garlic

I downed two 32oz containers of this juice in less than 8 hours, and was back in the gym in 3 days time, stronger & working out better than before. I actually make this occasionally just as a preventative measure.

I know this will help you if you can juice it, or get someone else to do it for you.

Thanks! That sounds like quite the drink – I can imagine it would do some good!