Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Humor & Fun: Wordplay

BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I love when I see really smart wordplay that is a humorous or clever name or phrase.

A few examples I can think of right now…

• One of Goneraw’s member’s alias is named: Germin8
  • A Chinese restaurant in San Diego is named: A Wok In The Park
  • Another restaurant is named: A Wok On The Wild Side
  • A hair salon is named: Hairisma
  • A new Goneraw’s member’s raw catering company is named: Crops and Rawbers

If you are interested in some playtime, come wordplay and add ones that you have either thought of or have seen.

Meetcha on the wordplayground. :)

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

What? No one wants to come out and play?

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

there is a hair place in my town called curl up and dye

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

We have a raw restaurant in our neighborhood called: Que Se Raw Se Raw.

that is kind of a word play right? Maybe not? I’ll have to think of some others

Queenie~ That works!

Blue_Eyes~ That gave me a good laugh… sure it isn’t curl up and dye? lol Another version might be curl up and dry. ;)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Blueeyes – I think every city has a Curl up and Dye hair salon. It is so cute! :)

yes I went and changed it to dye. didnt realize i said die until i reread it after posting.

I think the “Curl Up and Die” is the mortuary. ;)

I laughed so loud at the original one that it triggered my living room light that is attached to one of those “Clap On, Clap Off” switches. That made my day. Thankx! It’s the little thangs. :)

• We have 2 restaurants in my city that are funny to me, but everyone has probably seen these too- the vietnamese noodle house “what the pho?” and the sushi house “wok and roll.” haha!

• so my purse was stolen on Monday (very sad day!) BUT because I was setting up all my new banking information I did realize something funny. We say ATM machine, but ATM stands for “automated teller machine”, so we are really saying automated teller machine machine. Same thing with PIN number. Personal identification number number!!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Kind of like “hot water heater.”

Or The La Brea Tar Pits which is actually The The Tar Tar Pits. :)

• dodododo Raw Newbie

i know a chinese restaurant called sue mi :)

“I laughed so loud at the original one that it triggered my living room light that is attached to one of those “Clap On, Clap Off” switches. That made my day. Thankx! It’s the little thangs. :)” ......

well that made me laugh out loud too hehe
  • I just drove by a chinese restaraunt called “Wok and Roll.”

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

okay, this is a bit of a long story, but it makes me wonder where my brain comes up with this stuff…

A couple years ago I was dreaming. It was a scary one. I was scaling rocky cliffs on a dark and stormy day above a very violent ocean, trying to get away from someone or something. And I fell, of course.

After hitting the water, I realized that I might as well attempt to swim to the shore even though I thought I wouln’t make it. After a few minutes of swimming, I felt a horrible pain in my foot, like something had bit me or stung me. It was pretty intense pain and so I swam faster and faster.

I did reach the shore, and I immediately grabbed my foot to see what had happened, and to my horror I saw that a crab with very long legs had sunken its sharp skinny legs INTO MY FOOT! They actually came out through the top of my foot and gripped the whole thing.

I was struggling and pulling at it when this rastafarian man with no shirt and long dreds walked up to me. I looked at him and pleaded him for help.

Then he said in a Jamaican accent “ah girl, dont you be worryin about dat crab. It’s just one of those Taxi Crabs, he’s just hitchin a ride to shore!”

• Wow! What a great dream haha! Thank for telling it :)

It was a nutty dream. I’m full of crazy dream stories… one of my recent ones was like something out of a Stephen King novel…

ok I have been asking around as I cant think of any more than My daughter had a friend in school name Holly Wood and she lived next door to Chuck Wood and they were not related.

a friend of mine has a cousin named Judy Watts who married and is now Judy Watts Wong.

Another person told me there is a mortuary in a town near Springfield Il that is called “Staab and Polk”

• I was looking through a friends bookcase and saw a book titled “How it all Vegan

That’s a good one, cleaver! It took me a few times reading it “get it.” :)

• There’s a brew pub in Spokane, WA named “Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe” with a slogan of “Honest purveyors of fine food”. It cracks me up every time I see it! Another twist on the pho theme, “Pho King Great Noodles” was the name of the restaurant a friend’s family was planning to open. :)

Pho King Great Noodles! That’s awesome!! There’s a Pho restaurant here in Chicago that just changed its name from “Pho Hoa” to “Le’s Pho”.. I’ve been wondering if they meant it to sound like “Let’s Fuc%”

In high school I had an aquaintance named Alpa. She said that she wanted to marry a man with the last name Chino so she could be Alpa Chino

• Haha Annabelle! At first I was thinking a “Why would she want to be named after a dog food brand!?”

Then I realized :)

• FeeFee Raw Master

I love How It All Vegan – I even have a recipe published in the third one Sarah wrote!!

We have a local Indian Takeaway called the Chilli pot.

Anyway this isn’t a word play but a funny slip up.

I teach at a secondary school and I am a form tutor. Last week was the religious festival Eid and so some of my form were off. They have to bring in letters explaining their absence. Well the one I got today had such poorly written handwriting I struggled to understand what it was saying. It explained that it had been Eid and they had celebrated by playing and meeting the family. Or at least that is how I read it. Someone then pointed out it was more likely to have read ‘praying’! I felt somewhat stupid at that point! I had wondered what they were playing.

Anyway best wishes to all and Ill be on the lookout for more word plays.