Today is my 21st Birthday!

Hi everyone I have been experimenting with raw foods for the last year or so, and though I feel AMAZING on raw, I always seem to stumble a month or so in and find myself mindlessly eating junk. For the last month I have been settling into a new city and school and have let my health slip. Now I found myself at home sick in bed when I should be out with my friends on my birthday!!! On top of that I have been developing a weird skin condition for the past 6 months which my doctor is concerned is cancerous ( I am going in for a biopsy next week, hopefully it is nothing!) I am sick of being sick, and I have experienced the amazing health on raw foods and I want it back! So … once again … I am going raw and I need support! Any advice or inspiration to keep me on track? Did any of you experience an ah-ha moment before going raw, or was it a gradual process? Thanks in advance, I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you!

Comments

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I don’t know how quickly you transitioned, or the percentage of your diet that was raw, but it’s so important to be gentle with yourself. It took me 2 years and 9 months before I went 100% raw. You can keep some energy bars, dehydrated snacks, and fruit around with you in case you get the urge to eat cooked foods or junk food. :)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Happy, happy birthday BeetsnGreens~ And many more… :)

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Happy Birthday!!! Remember, most of us spend the first half of our lives doing everything in our power to kill ourselves and the second half, trying to be as healthy as possible… You have moved into the second half… Congratulations!!! Be gentle with yourself and keep on, forward!!!

I transitioned from vegetarian to raw while researching vegan… My age keeps me from slipping, it feels so wonderful being healthy over a year now… I can’t look back, only 60 yrs left of my life… LOL

• Happy Birthday!! May all your wishes come true!

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

happy birthday!!! and feel better soon

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Happy birthday! To answer one of your questions (a-ha moment or gradual process) – for me it was/is both. I had a moment when I knew clearly that I had all kinds of health problems that I shouldn’t have if I would take care of myself (and for me that meant eating raw food), but it was several months, with a MAJOR return to junk food in between, before I really wanted and was comfortable with a high-raw diet/lifestyle. That said, it has been four years since my aha! moment, and it is still a process at times, discovering what works best for my health & having the wherewithal to follow through and do it instead of just what’s easy or convenient or what someone else is doing, but now raw is my lifestyle, so it’s easier overall because I have so many raw options that I’m familiar & comfortable with, versus the early days when it was a few unfamiliar raw foods versus pizza or something.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Cheers to You BeetsnGreens ~ for a Joyful Birthday and the Best of Health!

• Happy Birthday! Oh…to be 21 again. Cheer up. Things could be worse. I spent my 25th birthday in bed with a life threatning disease.