Gabriel Cousens' Stage 1 foods

lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Thanks to you all who were helpful in getting me over a 2.5 year raw slump. I had lost my perk and was gaining weight when someone suggested a hard look at the metabolic body type thing. It brought me back to one of my first books, Rainbow Green live Cuisine. I began again, as if I were new to raw foods. Just one day on these stage one foods and I feel MUCH better. I was eating too many sweet fruits for my body type (not saying they’re bad-just not for me right now as a vata and a protein type). I do allow blueberries since they are low glycemic andI cannot make a green smoothie without fruit. There’s no fruit except lemons and limes! I’m getting the hang of it, though and seeing results for me already. Anyone else doing Stage 1 foods? Angie-I know you did it for a time. fruit is so convenient. it’s hard not to reach for an apple this time of year. I can’t say i’m biting into zucchini like fruit. Today, i’m making that great Popeye’s Spinach Pie! Interesting dehydr. temps. also, but I’m going with it.I’m looking for results so i know that’s going to mean going at it a little differently. To think I was thinking of adding cooked steel-cut oats and brown rice back in. That would have been worse for me. Thanks for saving me!

Comments

• Hi! Sounds like you are back on track, congrats! I don’t have any words of advice, but I think you’ve inspired me to go back and look at some of my resources. I have looked at the metabolic typing, etc and I am extremely interested in it, but haven’t had the time to do the research that I need in order to feel confident about how to implement it. Does that make sense? Did you find it difficult to determine your type and how to proceed from there?

Good luck and keep us posted!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

i did find it difficult, I guess because there are so many mixtures, but I did know what wasn’t working and i did know when i first went raw, i made a lot of nut pates, did lots of sprouting and i think if i ate fruit at all it was early in the morning. Last week alone, I probably consumes 20 dates, a couple of papaya, pineapple, apples, pears, berries, mango and bananas every day. i really like savory foods so that’s going to help me out. There’s some great dressings and dips.