Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw wedding

So, my fiancee and I will be getting married June of ‘09. I am 100% raw, and she is about 90+%. We are working hard on the wedding plans and are trying to come up with some raw dishes to serve to our guests. Some of her family members have come forward and offered to pay for the food, which is awesome, yet they have no experience with raw foods.

I’d like our wedding to be more than 50% raw. Any helpful ideas for hors d’oeuvres, dishes, and even a wedding cake would be much appreciated. I’d like to give them as much info as possible to help them understand and uncook raw foods.

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Fruit with raw chocolate fondue would be sinfully good!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I make pesto stuffed mushtooms, they are easy and delicious and would appeal to non raw foodists as well. I also have been making raw felafel and hummus, those two would be great too. Maybe a carrot cake for the wedding cake and chocolate for the groom’s. If any of these sound good, I will get my favorite recipes to you!

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

Wow thats going to be interesting to work out with your family. So I assume they are going to be the ones preparing the food too? Otherwise you might just get a raw food company here in CA to cater.

I would LOVE to make your wedding cake! serious offer…I’ve been contemplating this for a while.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Lagston~ Congratulations!!! May both of you always be the person your spouse sees in y’all’s eyes. ...and are we invited? :)!

• Thanks for all the tips!! much appreciated.

Kundalalita – We would love to talk with you about a wedding cake, I mentioned it to the lady and she is very interested.

Blue – Of course you are all invited! We just ask you bring a fat raw dish ;) Thank you for the wishes.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

congrats, id id all the food for my wedding vegan, raw and stuff for carnivores but i heard there was a great raw cake lady in LA who ships….if i can find her ill post…..raw chocoalte, raviolis and huge veggie and fruit plates!

• FruginiFrugini Raw Newbie

My friend asked me to make some appetizers for her wedding. One of the easiest finger foods was a little cucumber dish. I chopped the cucumbers into 2 inch slices, then removed the insides of each slice to form a bowl using a melon baller. I mixed the removed cucumber in a bowl with tomatoes, pepper, parsley, and some other veggies to make a salsa/salad thing. Then I filled the cucumber slices with the salad mix. At the end of the day, they were all gone!

• i do a very similar cuke appetizer as lindsaylou, except i make a tapenade with oil packed sun dried tomatoes, dill, green and kalamata olives to go inside of the cukes. i’ve taken it to a few different events and it’s always a hit. three cheers for cukes!

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

oh awesome, im so excited! feel free to email me at kundalalita@aol.com, I can send you some ideas.

and congratulations!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Oh goodie!!!!! Party at Lagston’s!!! :)

How about either little “tuna” packages (use something like kale or lettuce for the wrap) or you can put the “tuna” in a pastry bag and squeeze it onto something flat like carrot or daikon rounds, cracker, ???. Here’s one of the site’s favorite “tuna” recipes called tuna salad sandwiches-. The link isn’t working right now so if you need the recipe, email me. You can see a picture of it by searching recipes on “tuna.”

On the Mangers in a Mange land… thread around May 6, 2008, angie talks about making fruit and veggie flower centerpieces. There are places that will make those for you also. You can find pictures on the internet for ideas and books with lots of garnish instructions. Have those and some dips. Yum and beautiful.

Oh, there is a yummy Watermelon Mini Cake Delights. There is another watermelon “cake” that I saw somewhere that was also gorgeous and very different (not the one by worleyhimself2) but I can’t remember where… maybe someone else remembers and can point you in the right direction.

And of course… you gotta make raw chocolates! You can make them in all sorts of shapes with molds. I was thinking maybe even make them into your and your fiance’s initials. :)!

Party all the time… Party all the time… Party all the tiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmme. :) (ok, did I just date myself? lol)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

We had about 50% raw for our second reception. The first one was all vegan. For the raw dishes, we had things like nori, falafel balls, and other finger foods. We also had a strawberry sheet cake that was very good. Most people liked it better than the other cake. Basically any good party food would do. Do you have a raw restaurant in the area of the wedding? We had one cater.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

victoria boutenko does/did wedding catering, it says in one of her books that she catered a wedding of SAD people and they loved the food, but no-one knew that all the food was raw. She told them at the end, how inspirational ;)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Ooh, I would want to hire Victoria!