Missing links

BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Y’all~ Some people have noticed that the Republicans & Democrats thread is missing, as well as, the thread discussing the thread missing. It was mentioned it might have been censored and deleted by Kandace or Ray. I inquired with Kandace on the issue and here is the exchange:

Bluedolfin wrote:

Has the http://www.goneraw.com/forums/other-stuff/topic… thread and the thread about the thread missing been deleted? Is so, what was offending in the threads? If you haven’t deleted them, FYI, they are missing.

Kandace wrote:

Nope, we didn’t delete the thread. The only other person that could would be the person that started the thread, as they become the “owner” of the thread when they post it. Otherwise, I’m not sure what happened, but hopefully the updates we put up in a couple weeks will fix all that!

Bluedolfin wrote:

Can I post your reply or do you prefer put up a post about missing links because some might think there is censorship going on? BTW, the second thread missing is ”>http://goneraw.com/forums/other-stuff/topics/wh…

Kandace wrote:

Yes, feel free to post my response (and thanks for asking). We are very light-handed on moderation (especially on deleting) and we would definitely post something letting people know if we were deleting threads.

So, the missing threads are either technical hiccups or the thread owners have deleted the threads they started.

Hurray for free speech and the exchange of ideas!!! Oh, and great website owners also!

Comments

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

Yeah, I deleted my thread when I realized that the person who started the “Republicans & Democrats” thread probably deleted it themself.

Sorry for jumping the gun.

It’s kind of a bummer how anyone can just delete any thread they started though, especially after other people have invested time in it. Maybe the admins should make it so that only a moderator can delete a thread after it’s been posted in (that’s how I have it set up on my own website.)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Kevlar~ It is good to question something like that in light of the subject matter. One major fear of yours (and others) is loosing rights in the US. We need to protect our rights with all we’ve got!

It’s ok to email Kandace & Ray directly (email addy at Contact Us link at the bottom of the page) whenever you have a question about the site… they are pretty cool peeps. :)

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

Yes, I’ve noticed that, and I appreciate everything they do. :)

• Kevlar, when you referred to “missing links” I thought you were talking about Bush and Cheney!