Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I got the all clear

dodododo Raw Newbie

I cant begin to say how relieved i am, I had the mri today, my tumours were casued by chronic tendonitis, the tendon is torn, so i still face possibly two operations but given the fact i was bricking my panties thinking i had cancer I laugh in the face of two teeny operations (mmmwahaha).

I will be keeping up the raw diet as i feel brilliant and the tumours werent my only reason for going raw, and i intend to be around for a bloody long time to come and the raw diet will not only assist that but will make sure i enjoy it to the max too!

thank you to all of you who spoke to me about this all before, youre all very supportive people and thats one of the things that makes this world a better place

namaste to you all kat aka dodo

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

dodo-Yes! I’m soooo glad they aren’t cancerous! Every time I saw your profile pic I thought about it and got all worried for you. I hope you’re feeling fabulous and celebrating!

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

Yee, how cool is that, must feel like a huge weight is lifted off!!! phew :-)

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

YAY!!! Good for you dodo. That is something to celebrate!
    Cheers & Best of Health Always!

• dodododo Raw Newbie

oh the smoothies are on me tonight believe you me! things like this really kick you up the butt and make you reknew your love of life dont they :)

• yay! i’m so happy for you :-)

• dodododo Raw Newbie

thanks artzyfartzy :)

hey does anyone know if any specific food is good for strengthening tendons and nerve sheaths etc?

• congratulations dodo! that is wonderful news for you.

Healthly fats are important for nerve sheaths (they are mostly made of lipids i.e. fats) and also to encorage healing, tendons and ligaments are high density high strenght proteins so as long as you eat good protein you should be fine. Good luck with the pesky op’s. P.S. I saw a snippit on a program a few years ago that said anyone having a general anaesthetic should avoid foods from the tomato, pepper, chilli family as they interfere with the body detoxifying the anaesthetic. has anyone heard anything about this? I would love to know if it is true.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

me too springleaf, im allergic to general anesethic and have to have copious amounts of anit emetic before during and after or my head spins round and i puke raw green pea soup ;) . im going to work on building myself up ready for it in advance. forewarned is forearmed as they say

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I don’t know about nerve sheaths, but lots of greens (juices, smoothies, whatever) should help prepare your body for surgery & help with detoxing the anesthetic & whatever else they give you. Also young coconut water – lots of electrolytes!

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

That’s wonderful to hear Dodo! Best of luck with the 2 little operations and much healing, positive energy to you!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Much luck! Take excellent care of yourself and eat plenty of produce and greens – you should build up your strength before the operation. Rest a LOT too.

Yes, rest is very important, do not underestimate how little you can do after surgery. I had a shoulder op in march and although I felt fine very fast, I could not walk as that jogged the surgery site and made it hurt! so even though the legs could (and would like to have) gone for a run the shoulder did not want to even go for a gentle 2-3 mile walk for about 4 weeks!

• Right on, Pinky! Don’t celebrate too much now…sweet dreams, fly…I’ll take a nap and you can come say hi…

• Oh sooo brill news Dodo, keep up the raw!!!!

• dodododo Raw Newbie

its funny up until yesterday i felt a bit deprived with a few things as i was in the “i cant have it” frame of mind, today now i know i could eat those things if i wanted without feeding the cancer i had feared i had, i dont want them, at all. i feel so good about myself today i almost feel smug :)

the things i thought i missed i realise i dont, i was just having a tantrum becasue i thought something had taken them from me.

that salad i posted last night was an instinct meal, totally on automatic pilot my hands put together everything i wanted and needed and it tasted amazing. I wouldnt be suprised if i end up 100% raw in the not too distant future at this rate :)

off topic…pokes MMMmmmm oi, wake up!

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

Thats brilliant news, dodo!! :D

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

good for you! keep it up!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I shall give a cherry thought. For any one who has found out they dont have cancer, and feels they can go off raw eating. It can take 10 years for cancer to show up. Sooooo Stay with eating right and let your immune system get rid of the thing while it is small, or never get a disease at all. smile

dodo this is great news. It can be nerve racking to not really know. Now you can have a good emotional rest.

the beegan lol

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

Congrats. Glad to hear the good news.

Keep eating your apple seeds though. ;-)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

So glad to hear your wonderful news!

• dodododo Raw Newbie

its beaudiful to know that im eating raw now out of choice, and im loving it :)

thanks guys

• This is very good news :)

And yes, Motive changes perception. Before you were raw because you needed too, now it’s a choice, you’ll find it more instinctive.

I might just have to have a pink smoothie in honour of you and your lovely hair tonight :)

• dodododo Raw Newbie

it would have to be a chocolate cherry one then cos the hairs not pink tonight heheh, but thanks for the sentiment.

• I have to add coco to my smoothies? How will I cope? ;)

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Awesome news. I just posted on another thread about chicory on a large fatty tumor cause by neurofibromitosis that has been shrinking. I think some of my smaller ones are completely gone. It’s awesome to see raw actually at work.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Thanks for the reminder about seeing eating raw as a choice, rather than a “can’t have” mentality. A chocolate cherry something sounds WONDERFUL!

• dodo -

I just saw this thread, I had no idea you were dealing with health scares. I’m so happy for you, girl! And for Caleb! And I’m grateful to you both – like angie, I appreciate the reminder of choice. Tho vegetarian for years, I went mostly raw some 6 years ago because of a very scary health crisis, and I felt pretty panicked about it & had a lot of fear, but also determination – which made me very diligent (I’m not as diligent, now) I went into this “raw thing” (as my mother calls it) for a very specific crisis, but I got so many more benefits than I was even looking for. And the fear & panic is now long gone (as well as my supposedly “incurable” condition). I eat this way now because I like it. And I’ve also found when I cave into cravings, or more often social pressure, for bad stuff, my body reminds me of why I don’t really want to do that. I’m goin’ for the banana/raw chocolate/cherry/flax smoothie tomorrow morning in celebration for you & Caleb both & I’ll raise my glass in a big “salud” & a stream of warm energy to both of you!