Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Liver/Gallbladder Flush - Anyone ever done one?

I ask because I just completed one 3 days ago. I did not pass any stones (as I’ve heard that is common on the first time), but the day after the cleanse I had a SEVERE bout of depression. I started to miss my ex-wife (of 5 years) miserably as if we just first split up. It was strange and very disturbing. I was curious if anyone else has experienced something similar? Just trying to figure out if the cleanse was what caused the flair up. Thanks :)

Comments

• I have done the “Liver/Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse”. I have done it 5 times now and completely am amazed everytime at the difference and the effect it has on my body.

I have not experienced the emotional effects that you have. I found it to actually lift emotional weight off of me. I felt more care-free.

Here is another thread for the liver/gallbladder cleanse…

http://goneraw.com/forums/6/topics/3423

Hope someone else will have more to share with you.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Liver is linked to depression in natural health terms isn’t it? Sounds like you had something old raked up there from the detox. I have found myself remembering sad things from decades ago when detoxing, especially fasting. I did the liver flush and it was just so utterly unpleasant I can’t remember anything other than how awful I felt!

I hope it has passed now and that you’re feeling better.

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

I’ve just read that old thread. I’d like to try this because I’ve been told I have a slightly fatty liver and slightly enlarged spleen. I have no gallbladder though, it was surgically removed last April do to severe gallstones and inflammation. Does anyone know if/how this would affect this kind of cleanse? Do you think maybe I should see a doc/naturopath before trying it?

• I can relate to this…I completed my fifth liver/gallbladder flush last Wednesday and got no stones out. The previous four were extremely productive and left me feeling great…this one brought back some depression, low energy, and sadness that I have not experienced in awhile. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the flush was not productive and stones were not expelled and therefore the negative emotions were brought forward but not released?

I am going to do my next flush a week from now and I’m hoping that it snaps me out of my “funk” and corrects whatever negativity the last flush brought back into my life…

Hope you’re doing better…are you planning on following up with another flush?

• Thanks for the replies. :) It has passed today. To help it I’ve been taking maca, spending most of the morning/afternoon outside and weight training. It got my mind back where it needed to be.

Legend – I’m definitely going to follow it up with another one in two weeks. My initial reason for wanting to even try it was to see it would once and for all clear up my acne (as raw hasn’t done it… for nearly a year). Someone suggested that because of my extremely poor dietary choices in the past that my liver may be the culprit of my adult acne. We’ll see as I plan on doing around 8 cleanses (1 every month or 2-3 weeks apart). I’ll keep everyone posted. :)

• Seize

You might want to also check into juice feasting…

www.juicefeasting.com

I have read information about juice feasting doing amazing things for acne and scars. Heidi at “Raw Food, Right Now” blogged her 35 day juice feast. She saw amazing results. One which included a 4 yr. old scar healing itself and disappearing.

I am wanting to do a 35+ juice feast soon. I have read that acne is one sign of a toxic and/or overloaded liver. Eating lots of fiber is key too.

Zoe – That is such a cool outlook. I am going to have to look more into that…the organs and what they represent/how they effect us emotionally.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

simplyraw – check out Louise Hay, she has a book that is a dictionary type thing of diseases, organs etc and what they mean on an emotional level

• Zoe – Oh Yeah! I forgot all about that book. You Can Heal Your Life

Thanks for the reminder!!!:)

• Branwyn32 – I would recommend seeing a doc/naturopath for advice first. But I think it would also be beneficial to get the book by Andreas Moritz. He has two on the subject… the flush and the miracle cleanse. They are both the same book. The Miracle Cleanse is the new and revised version.

However, since your gallbladder has been removed, I would definitely seek professional advice before attempting. Best of Health to You!!:)

• Up too number 10 my self, almost all of the stones you see are identical too gallstones in many ways. Key word identical. The liver flush absolutely flushes stones out of the gallbladder possibly even the ducts in the liver. Just not the quantity every one is used too even after 40 flushes, most of what you see is the oil being formed with bile. Don’t let this discourage you, KEEP FLUSHING. The liver flush is one of the most powerful methods to get your health back online. Sooner or later you get out calcified stones, solid rocks. It’s quite impressive. Flush with or with out a gallbladder, it helps trust me.

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

simplyraw- thank you! I’m working on getting an appointment ASAP. This will be my first time telling a doc I’m eating at least mostly raw vegan, I’m curious as to how it will go. I’m going to a regular doc b/c there’s a subsidized hospital here that operates on a sliding scale to income, so it’s the only way I can get any kind of healthcare. I’m hoping at some point I can find a naturopath that I can afford too though.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Branwyn32~ A suggestion: When making your appointment, inquire if they have “veggie/vegan” friendly/informed docs or doc assistants and if so, to be assigned to one. If the appointment setter has no idea, ask to speak to someone that might be able to help you.

To your wellness…

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

durianrider~ I’m not tracking your use of he word “crew”... would you “translate” for an “older” (I’m NOT elderly, just older) person? ;)

• Um…

durianrider – You speak as if your opinion is fact. Have you ever dissected one of those stones and had it analyzed to prove what is comprised of? I highly doubt it. If you were to do so I am pretty sure it isn’t going to be rancid olive oil, toxic herbs and epsom salts. People these days are so naive and will believe anything even if it CONTRADICTS the physiology of our bodies.. Eating fruit in massive consumption (yes, I have followed 811rv for several months, felt great early, then become excessively run down. yes I read the book. yes I followed the principle correctly) is no more better for you than eating meat in massive consumption.

Question for you durianrider… have you ever been in the wild with ‘no tools’ and tried to forage for fruit? Most definitely NOT an easy task and darn near impossible. I think fruit is important, yes, but certainly not in the amounts Dr. Graham preaches. I also eagerly await an explaination to why his mood fluctuates so drastically from one day to the next? Could it be the imbalance of simple sugar in his bloodstream (causing a slow detrimental decline in health overtime) and lack of healthy fats? Hmm, I dunno. He can be rather rude and ruthless to certain people (who mean him no harm and are only asking him questions) at times for no apparent reason whatsoever.

After a liver flush/cleanse people are not suggested to go back to a horrible diet… they are suggested to eat a healthy, balanced diet. This include (wow!) fruit, vegetables (raw and cooked) and at times grains (those are bad too right? funny, the Hunza civilization ate grains and lived, at times, to be between 120-140 years of age…wow). Please enlighten me to any fruitarian (with lots of greens and vegetables later in the day) that has lived even remotely close to that age? I challenge you to do so.

I didn’t intend to turn this post into a ‘knock the 811rv principle,’ however I don’t take kindly when someone speaks as if they know something when obviously they are very poorly educated on the matter and quite misinformed. All I ask in the future is before you knock something have facts to back your claim.

Thanks.

• If the above post offends anyone based on their dietary choices, I, in advance offer my apology to that person or persons.

• Seize – I studied a nutrition course, worked in a health food shop for a while and did quite a bit of research (including university libraries!). If you support your liver, it will definitely help (as Zoe has indicated). I would truly recommend Milk Thistle 300mg from a good source, as it helps regenerate the liver and is a good antioxidant anyway. We used to get people coming in with hangovers needing a ‘lift’. Those people would come back in and say how awesome the herb was. It will definitely help the cleanse. Also, a good pro-biotic helps, as the food we eat is broken down and then taken from the intestines via the hepatic portal vein to the liver. The better our gut, the better we function. If you are raw, it should be in pretty good shape anyway.

Also, if your moods are really bad, you could try St John’s wort. In a way, I am all for working out what messed you up in the first place, but sometimes it takes you too deep and in those cases, I would say it is best to alleviate some of the symptoms. Best of luck with it.

• Ok then, just so you don’t have to buy Milk Thistle and St John’s Wort, go nick some (LOL) or better still, grow your own real raw Milk Thistle, etc. It’s still good for you, i used it on my animals and they got better! Go figure!

• ive done over 10 liver flushes and passed hundreds, maybe over a thousand stones. during some of those flushes i stopped using epsom salt, but i got less stones out and had some intense pain/nausea after drinking the oil. the epsom salts may cause uncontrollable bowel movements, but they definitely are necessary to dilate the bile ducts so larger stones can pass.

and this idea that stones are solidified olive oil and bile is not reasonable. read andreas moritz book. he totally dispels that theory. i can say from personal experience that the stones smell like theyve been stuck in my body for years.

everyone who has ever eaten a standard american diet or even cooked grains, beans has stones in their liver and possibly gallbladder. you cant remove stones by eating herbs, or an 811 diet. and having a bile occlusion is going to be a serious challenge to your health until you remove them.

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

why do you have to drink a cup of oil to flush the gallbladder.... is there another way?

• its half a cup of oil, but the reason you do it is to get a huge torrent of bile to squeeze out of the liver and gallbladder with enough pressure to carry stones with it. there is some prepartion required to soften and loosen stones. this is basically just drinking a lot of apple juice or drinking diluted apple cider vinegar for 4-5 days before the oil.

half a cup sounds like a lot but when youve been fasting for the day and taken the epsom salts, it goes down pretty easy.

• Branwyn, I'm the same as you: I had to have my gallbladder removed when I was 16 (about ten years ago) because of terrible gallstones and inflammation. I put up with the attacks for a year and a half (during which I tried cleanses to help), but I was rushed in to have it removed after a terrible attack. I was wondering if you've noticed any changes in your digestion etc since having it removed?