evaporated cane juice

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I’ve heard some recipes call for evaporated cane juice.. where the heck would one find that? thanks!

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Easy – grow your own sugar cane, juice it, & dehydrate the juice. :P Sorry, I just had to. ;)

• Try Asian supermarkets, I found it in the frozen food section, made in Vietnam.

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi kminty3…if you go to the north country co-op, they have sucanat,in bulk and in a 1 lb. bag i am not positive that it is the same as evaporated cane juice ,but the lady at the co-op said it is….also , the bulk bins at hannaford usually have it:)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Haha angie I love your attitude :)

A brand called Sucanot makes raw cane sugar. It is used a lot.

• Here in the UK tiz called Rapadura… Rapadura is the Portuguese name for a form of sugarcane juice, used as a sweetener or as a candy, common in Latin American countries such as Brazil and Venezuela (where it is known as papelón) and the Caribbean. See also panela. It is dried sugarcane juice.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

awesome thanks all!! evergreen you must be in Plattsburgh!

hi again:)...i actually live near schroon lake, but i do shop in plattsburgh!

i just figured you must live close to where you work;)
  • kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

evergreen: good sleuthing!!! Nice to hear other raw foodies around.. I always feel like Carol at the Coop must think I’m crazy with my requests! But I am the one to thank for hannafords carrying the young thai coconuts! I asked, they got them, and now the manager tells me they are very popular! I”m not high raw but love the community!

it is nice to know there is someone (other than the deer and bears) around here that eats raw:)

oh!...that’s awesome that the store started to carry the coconuts for you!...i did buy some of the green ones at the price chopper, but they are so much harder to open, i think i need a machete…hehe

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I researched it. Sucanot, Rapadura, none of it’s raw. It’s all refined and cooked and it’s just another lie. Oh well, too bad. It tastes really good but it is evil stuff.