Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Upset tummy

queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Ok, I admit it I have been eating more cooked food than I should have lately.

Yesterday I had the worst stomach problems – nausea, feels like a got a lump in my stomach, a little burning feeling, have air in there

So, I hardly ate anything yesterday because I felt worse if I did – just a few pieces of fruit and water and tea. I stayed in bed almost all day.

If I could just throw up or fart really good than it would probably go away but for some reason I can’t (I have always had problems with this – they just don’t come naturally)

Normally if I fast for one day, it usually corrects itself but today I still feel a bit gross, although better than yesterday.

Any advice of something I can eat or drink to get rid of this faster?

Comments

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I’m going through the same thing right now. I’ve only been raw for three weeks now, but today at lunch everyone ordered thai and I got salad rolls (w/o shrimp). thought no biggy, so I won’t be 100% for one day….Oh geez, within 10 minutes of eating it I am so nauseous and bloated. I hope it doesn’t last as long as it is for you. Last time I make that mistake. Good lesson though.

• Hey guys, I always do a “smoothe move” organic tea (laxative effect) on the days I really have messed up, believe me, my body knows when I do. Then I do a mini master cleanse. Or I have done papaya seeds and eat the papaya to get my digestion back on track.

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

ginger is very soothing for an upset tummy…hope you two feel better soon:)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

harmonylia – Oo, thanks for suggesting that. I think I still have some smooth move tea. I should do the mini master cleanse too. It weird as I have hardly eaten anything for the past few days. Just some fruit – I could even drink my smoothie this morning.

evergreen – My bf suggested the ginger tea to. I had some last night but it is so strong I could hardly drink any. It actually gave me a burning feeling in my stomach and my throat.

I am wondering if I should take a probiotic.

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

Apple cider vinegar0 2 tbs in a glass of water will help move along the tract anything that’s not digesting. The enzymes are active in breaking it down!

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

This is great – i’m going through the same thing, but i’m not sure why – it happened right after dinner and i ate all raw… strange, huh? I cannot do the smoothe move – makes me have horrible pains and i can’t sleep… If you try the ginger, you could always juice some green apples and a little ginger and then add all of that to some natural sparkling water… I took a raw food class over the summer and that was something on the “menu” for the day and it was very refreshing and crisp – it was meant to be a raw gingerale… it was just good :) If you don’t like the ginger, go easy on it, but juice extra just incase you find it’s not strong enough… I hope this helps. I also massage my stomach and lower back a lot when i’m feeling like this. You could always do the salt water flush in the a.m. (from the master cleanse). Some people hate it, but it really does help me! I knwo that within an hour of drinking it, i’ll be in the bathroom and that will last for about a 1/2 hour or so. Everyone is different though… I hope your tummy ache goes away soon!!!

• Hello everybody…I am new here. New on this forum and new with eating raw. I have never eat raw. I will start tomorrow. I don’t know much about this. But I want to have a better healt. I want to feel better. I am not sick….not yet ah ah…

I am french. Aussi si quelqu’un ici parle français, laissez-le moi savoir svp.

tanks a lot….now I am going to study all the recipes….;-)

• Alfalfa is the wonder herb for digestion problems. I have had stomach trouble and problems for my whole life. Here’s my sure fire ways of dealing with it. Alfalfa, ginger, papaya, mint tea, flax seed, apple cider vinegar and as a last resort if it’s really bad charcoal.

You can make a really tasty alfalfa drink by mixing alfalfa sprouts and pineapple and mixing in your blender then straining and drinking. I eat pickled ginger and keep it in my fridge to munch on. Mint tea is very soothing to the tummy as is apple cider vinegar mixed with some water and honey. In fact taking a day and just drinking that apple cider vinegar mixture is really healthy for you, with lots of water of course. Flax seed gets most things moving fast as well and papaya is an all around good thing for the tummy and digestion.

Hope this helps, I know the worst thing sometimes is tummy trouble.

Update on my tummy:

I felt better last night after I got out a super gross poo (sorry so eek) – diaherra with mucus in it and lots of air.

But than I felt gross again later when I went to sleep and then better this morning and now I feel gross again. I have backache, nausea and slightly achey in body and tummy. A little pain on my right side.

I haven’t tried the acv thing yet but I will. I will do the salt water flush if nothing else works.

bellasera – I will have the bf get alfafa sprouts and pineapple papaya tomorrow. :)

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

The salt water flush always helps me feel better. I did it today and it actually helps clear my mind and the same time.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Well, I just tried the ACV thingy. Boy, it made me feel worse! I like the taste fine. But I could feel how I wanted to throw up after drinking it. I drank it slowly but tried to finish it quick. I tried to hold in there but I let myself throw up. (at least, I was finally able to throw up).

I can feel the burn of the vinegar on my throat now. I wouldn’t say my tummy feel any different though. Although I don’t feel as nauseated. When I drank the acv, I started feeling shaky and achey and warm. Kind of scaried me. I couldn’t really feel anything going on in my stomach though – stuff being digested.

Did I do it wrong? Was I supposed to drink water after? Did I use too much? How long is it supposed to take to work? Am I supposed to feel bad after I drink it to feel better? I couldn’t find any info online on how you are supposed to feel after you drink it. I am guessing that by throwing up I threw up all the good stuff that the vinegar is supposed to give you. But I honestly could not help it – it was scaring me that I was feeling worse. I am wondering if certain people shouldn’t drink it?

Blue eyes – how do you do your salt water flush? Is it just the same as the master cleanse one? I am not on the MC right now (I probably should be right? Good idea – I think tomorrow is lemon buying time). Well, I guess I will try the salt water flush next.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

yeah, herbal teas like chamomile and fennel are good and soups to push things through and soothe the canal.

www.rawlifestyle.co.uk

Yep, just like the MC, I use a straw to get it down faster

Good luck. I feel bad for you. Are you sure you don’t have the flu or anything? Hope you find something that works

• DR. SCHULZE’S Formula 1 !!! Always have that on hand for situations like that.:) Ingredients: Curacao & Cape Aloe, Senna Leaf & Pod, Cascara Sagrada Aged Bark, Oregon Grape Root, Hawaiian Yellow Ginger Root, Garlic Bulb & Habanero Pepper! Apple Cider Vinagar would help along with formula 1 to balance your ph, kill yeast, help your system to recover from incedent too like “Jeshuabrown” wrote yesturday. Very Important! STAY AWAY FROM WHEAT & GLUTEN PRODUCTS! (including NamShoya) Its like glue in your intestines & digestive tract- Hope you feel better soon, sending love.. Boyana

Blueeyes – I was starting to think that last night. I even don’t feel good when I drink water or tea. You would think that liquids would help right? I start feeling more nauseated when I drink and feel like I have to throw up but don’t. After I threw up the ACV last night, I had some water and smooth move tea, when I was drinking those I honestly felt like I had to throw up but I didn’t. It passed eventually and I slept good on a totally empty stomach.

I just woke up and haven’t had anything and I feel OK – I still feel some upset in my stomach. I am actually afraid to drink or eat anything because it will make me feel gross again. So, I have decided not to do the salt water flush.

Well, I figured out what is wrong with my stomach. I have a stomach infection. It wasn’t getting any better so I went to the doctor and he said my stomach was inflammed. This is caused by a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. So now I have all sorts of medicine to take and I am pretty much bedridden which is fine becuse I am so exhausted from not being able to eat anything (and it was a long trip to get to a doctor that would take me without insurance).

My heart rate was double what it is supposed to be. I have to take anti-nausea medication so I can eat and drink. At least, I am able to get something in my stomach – just liquids right now.

I hope this works to get rid of it. Apparently, it can cause ulcers and even stomach cancer. Wah!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Be better soon.

oooooooo queenfluff so sorry. how long did the doctor say you will be down? did he say what he thinks caused it??

hope you get better soon!!

He didn’t say. He didn’t take any tests (not that I had any poop to give him anyhow). He seemed to know what it was just by me describing everything.

Apparently it looks like it is caused by a bacteria that you can get several ways maybe in food or not washing your hands properly after going to the bathroom etc. I guess some people have this bacteria and have no symptoms and going untreated can causes ulcers and stomach cancer – although it takes a while for those to show up.

I pretty nervous. It has been a day and a half and I still have pain and some indigestion, nausea. I am hoping that the diagnosis was correct and that the medicines will get rid of it. I don’t know how I would pay for it if it was something serious. :(